Provide a useful report for error checking.

More
6 years 6 months ago #5788 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: [TS7400] Provide a useful report for error checking.
Hi Ben,

4.0.32 is available now.

Yours sincerely

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ben
  • Ben's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 7 months ago #5724 by Ben
Ben replied the topic: [TS7400] Provide a useful report for error checking.
Thanks Daniel - I'll be sure to test when it's out.

• Ben
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 7 months ago #5723 by Ben
Ben replied the topic: [TS7400] Provide a useful report for error checking.
Hi Graeme - I wasn't getting the email notifications sorry - The version of X2Pro is 4.0.29 on Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1611) - I'm not sure if I mentioned but there was no error message it simple quit X2Pro with no log.

More
6 years 7 months ago #5722 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: [TS7400] Provide a useful report for error checking.
Hi Ben,

Just to let you know that we have been testing these files again in our latest version which we hope to release in the near future and all is well.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 8 months ago #5608 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: [TS7400] Provide a useful report for error checking.
I did download them, and I thought I had replied, but obviously not. Sorry.

I was able to convert that project containing the two media files using X2Pro 4.0.29 on macOS 10.12.5, though it was a lot slower than I would have expected it to be.

Can you please tell me what X2Pro and macOS versions you are using and also copy/past the error text from X2Pro when you try to convert that project.

• Ben
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #5606 by Ben
Ben replied the topic: Provide a useful report for error checking.
Hi Graeme - did you get these files?

• Ben
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #5587 by Ben
Hey Graeme

Here's the download link:
we.tl/Qu5kCmO8sI

1 file
X2Pro_Tests.zip

It's an FCPX 10.3.4 Library and two MXF files one HD Archive and the other native XAVC Intra 4K interview from Sony PXW-FS7.

Other files from these original cards and from AP work fine but are too large to send - let me know if it helps find out a solution or prompts a bug fix.
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Ben.

• Ben
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 9 months ago #5586 by Ben
Yes I should be able to send one or two of the smaller ones over via WeTransfer.

In the end I had to make 2 AAFs - the first by finding and exporting and replacing the offending clips and then using X2Pro and on the other I had so much trouble I had to XtoCC to Premiere Pro and make an AAF from there.

I'd really like to get to the booth of these issues and perhaps see X2Pro get a little more robust in conversions as we are using FCPX a lot more at the BBC and I run all the NLEs from my home studio as well and would like to use FCPX more and deliver to ProTools easily.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 9 months ago #5585 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Provide a useful report for error checking.
Ben,

So do you have a working AAF now? Is it possible for you to provide one of the original media files that was causing X2Pro to crash so that we can figure out why it is crashing here?

• Ben
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 9 months ago #5584 by Ben
Hey Graeme

Yep all those option were checked - I had already gone through several other forum posts with crashing issues. Basically X2Pro just quit when it reached these files not giving any report.

Re. Marker list - I would suggest a simple FCPXML file of a timeline/project (in an event in a library that you import) with markers on a gap or text overlay or adjustment layer perhaps.

The marker at the start of of each error clip - you could write the details of the error into the marker but it wouldn't be that necessary unless there was a specific work-around.

Alternatively exporting an error FCPXML with the offending clips only in place on a timeline would also be a nice idea as the timecode and position of the clips would be retained and could be replaced to length or swapped out, etc.

Best

Ben
Attachments:

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 9 months ago #5583 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Provide a useful report for error checking.
Ben,

There is an option in X2Pro's preferences to "Generate a warning and continue creating an AAF file" when "Handling media errors". If you chose this option, X2Pro will display a list of clips that it was not able to extract audio from.

I add your "marker list" to the feature requests list. Can you provide an example of what that would look like?

• Ben
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 9 months ago #5577 by Ben
Ben created the topic: Provide a useful report for error checking.
Hey guys

The error report you current have is singular!

In that it just reports the first error it finds and then stops.

This is incredibly infuriating if there are several errors.

I work a lot of long form and feature length edits and having to correct each error individually then reexport FCPXML and re-check is crazy.

Could you add the ability to generate a full report of all the clips that are problematic?

What would be even better is to have actual timecode references instead of the number of seconds!

Even better still would be the ability to export a marker list that can then be brought into FCPX and used to find all the problem clips.

Best

Ben

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds