FCP X ? Pro tools?

• Jeff Forehead
  • Jeff Forehead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 6 months ago #203 by Jeff Forehead
Jeff Forehead replied the topic: Re: FCP X ? Pro tools?

Graeme Robinson wrote: Jeff,

X2Pro and FCP X are both available separately from the Mac app store. X2Pro is not sold outside of the Mac app store.

Graeme

Many thanks Graham. This might be a usable solution for me and I'm giving it serious thought. I'll go via Mac App store.

I do a lot of 3D modelling so this also need to work with Cinema 4D work flow.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond

Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #202 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Re: FCP X ? Pro tools?
Jeff,

X2Pro and FCP X are both available separately from the Mac app store. X2Pro is not sold outside of the Mac app store.

Graeme

• Jeff Forehead
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 6 months ago #201 by Jeff Forehead
Jeff Forehead replied the topic: Re: FCP X ? Pro tools?
Thanks for that Chris. I've now got Pro Tools on order so quite excited. Going to take a couple of days off next week to play around with it.

Can I order FCPx with X2 Pro or are they seperate purchases? Is your plug-in a down load or can I pay via phone and get the discs sent?

Something tells me FCPX will start to improve and become a professional editing system. I know everyone still talks about tapeless environments but try telling that to the Broadcasters.. THey still want everything delivered on tape including he BBC

Many thanks for your time

Jeff

• Chris Steele
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #200 by Chris Steele
Chris Steele replied the topic: Re: FCP X ? Pro tools?
Hi Jeff,

Our app X2Pro does not support Media Composer, it get's all out of shape with the AAF for some reason. We've focussed on getting into ProTools with as much info in tact as we can.

You can import a video guide track into ProTools, so that works well.

We do software integration tools, we don't have much experience of using the creative applications, so I don't think we are qualified to give an opinion on them.

Sorry not to be more help, maybe there are others out there that can.

Chris

• Jeff Forehead
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #199 by Jeff Forehead
Jeff Forehead created the topic: FCP X ? Pro tools?
Hi Everyone
I'm one of those disgruntled FCP users who just wanted it to render while I work. Then bloody FCPX. Oh well it happened. Last programme I made for Channel FIVE (Jack the Ripper Definitive Story) Did have loads of render time problems and FCP does crash on large projects and can lose render files.

And now i'm moving on. To be honest Although I like Soundtrack Pro (Love the pre-sets) I also mix some music and midi sequencing being able to add the odd synth line or even guitar would be great. And midi files of classical stuff would also be good. Plus I'd like better Compression Mastering. So I'm thinking of going Pro-tools. To be honest I was going to bite the bullet and go back to Media Composer.. Then I noticed this App, which to be honest at £100 + £200 makes it comparable to Media Composser in price..

Ok this is my questions What advantages would the FCPX solution have over Media Composer?

And two will either solution allow me to have a video guide window so I can see my pictures while working in Pro Tools? (Which SADie Does)

Any thoughts advice welcome. Great to find your forum is this a new launch?

Happy to chat etc Yours Jeff
Last Edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Jeff Forehead.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds