features request

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #796 by dunc289
dunc289 replied the topic: features request
Thank you for that 5thwall.
Last Edit: 10 years 6 months ago by dunc289.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #795 by 5thwall
5thwall replied the topic: features request
I have been using X2Pro with Logic just to test out AAFs before sending them off to the mix. I can say that the clips do seem to come through just fine. The only thing I'm not seeing are audio levels (thus my question from earlier in this post). But if the levels move over just fine into ProTools, then I don't mind.

That said, if audio levels could move into Logic, that would be great. Just so that I can use it to make sure that everything is ok.

More
10 years 6 months ago #792 by dunc289
dunc289 replied the topic: features request
Hi Graeme.

I'd like to add that some sort of support for Soundtrack Pro might really be of help to a lot of editors with Legacy Final Cut Studio, which is probably 100% of the PRO FCPX editors out there. I doubt there's many FCPX adopters that are coming from AVID. At least point us to some sort of conversion program.

Or even confirm that it will work with Logic Pro X (I didn't see it as being tested by you guys yet.), which I/we can always buy if it's really justified. But we must know it works!

Personally, I'd be using it to check everything is OK, before sending out to the soundhouse, because any confusion with third parties always ends up being blamed on the editors, so a confidence check would be hugely useful.

Just a thought.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #721 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: features request
Michael,

I've added that feature request to our system. Product management will see it, but as far as I am aware, there are currently no plans for a product that does this.

More
10 years 8 months ago #719 by 5thwall
5thwall replied the topic: features request
I would like to request a separate product that exports video along with the audio so that you can import the AAFs in Avid.

Thanks!

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #592 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: features request
I have added 1 to our system as ticket number 3804 and 2 as ticket number 3805 (in case you need to reference them in future)

Thank you for your suggestions.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #591 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: features request
Hi Sander,

1. I can add it as a feature request to our system, but what you can do right now is select the text from that window and copy it, then paste it into a new txt file. I appreciate that this is a manual process, but it would allow you to send the information on to your audio people with the AAF

2. The tracks in the AAF are already given the name of the role.

3. This would be quite a large piece of work, but of course I'll add it into our system as a feature request. If more people request this it will be given a higher priority in our system.

• C2Edit
  • C2Edit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 10 months ago #590 by C2Edit
C2Edit created the topic: features request
Hello,

I would like to request three features.
1. Is it possible to generate a log file (.txt or .html) with the AAF about the effects wich have been removed from the AAF. You're doing it already when the AAF is created. But i would like to send it to the audiopostproduction with the AAF.

2. Is it possible to give the tracks the name of the role. So it's clear for the audio technician which track is what.

3. Is it possilbe to generate a graphical view of the AAF. I don't have ProTools in my postproduction facility. So i'm not able to check how the AAF is exported.

Sander

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds