Remove trough edits

More
4 years 1 month ago #7355 by MZTVPD
MZTVPD replied the topic: Remove trough edits
Going to revive this old thread to express interest in this as well. For those interested, there is a workaround in FCPX, albeit not a very elegant one.

I recommended making a Project snapshot before doing this but the basic steps would be as follows ...

1. Select all clips in your timeline and go to Trim > Join Clips. This removes all through edits from your clips, and will mess up your video angles for the Multicam, but is necessary to avoid a bug with connected clips for the next step.
2. Select all clips in your timeline once again, and go to Clip > Detach Audio. There is a chance the command won't work. If so, you'll need to identify the clip that is causing the issue (in my case it's been a compound clip with Titles and effects). Selecting clips with no audio or audio that has already been detached will not prevent you from performing this step.
3. Using the Timeline Index, under Clips filtered by Audio, select all clips. Then perform a Trim > Join Clips once more.
4. Export the XML for X2Pro. The AAF will have no through edits.
5. Optionally, perform an Undo 3x to revert your Timeline back to its original state.

Regarding the bug about connected clips ... it appears if you attempt to Detach Audio from multiple clips that include clips with through edits (such as Multicam clips) as well as connected clips, the audio from the connected clip gets wedged into a Secondary storyline alongside detached audio from the Primary (often Multicam clip) and throws the sync out. Hard to explain, but easy to recreate.

Hope this helps someone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #6259 by Natha
Natha replied the topic: Remove trough edits
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1

More
6 years 2 months ago #6130 by pete_del
pete_del replied the topic: Remove trough edits
Has there been any progress on this one? The ability to remove through edits would be an amazing timesaver for me. I often work on long form projects with very tight timelines that have hundreds of unnecessary through edits due to the situation described by the original poster, and I end up having to sort, check and process each one manually because it's not always obvious to me at the Pro Tools end which ones are real edits and which are through edits. If there is a way to it achieve this (through timecode detection?) it would be fantastic.

• mblazer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 8 months ago #2214 by mblazer
mblazer replied the topic: Remove trough edits
Hi Graeme,

Is this request coming to x2Pro in the near future? I hope so very much.

Thanks,

Micha.

More
8 years 8 months ago #2212 by AceLain
AceLain replied the topic: Remove trough edits
I agree on that feature too !

• mblazer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #2071 by mblazer
mblazer replied the topic: Remove trough edits
I totally agree. This is my number one feature request!!

• Amigi
  • Amigi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #1645 by Amigi
Amigi replied the topic: Remove trough edits
Thank You !

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1644 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Remove trough edits
In that case, I have forwarded your feature request to the product manager.

• Amigi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #1643 by Amigi
no, this is not a solution , because i am editing parts of different Multicam clips together in one Project ( i make one show from more than one recording ) and i loose the Editpoint to the next Multicam clip when i detach audio . I t pushes it out of the way in the magnetic timeline
This would only be possible if i would edit just the video to one Soundtrack . But the Audio also gets edited. And those "real edits" should be the only ones to remain
FCP 7 had a command for that " remove through edits" . I think it should be an easy task since the false edit's could easy be identified ( no TC change)

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1642 by Graeme Robinson
If you detach the audio from your multicam clip after you put it on the timeline, but before you make any edit to it, then edits you make on the video track (e.g. changing angle) won't make edits on the audio track.

Is that a suitable solution for you?

• Amigi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #1641 by Amigi
yes , this is exactly what i mean

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1633 by Graeme Robinson
I'm not sure that I understand exactly what you are asking? I'll write what I think you are you saying and you can tell me if I'm right, or correct me if I'm wrong:

When the video angle is changed in a multicam clip FCP X it also puts an edit in the audio even though the audio angle didn't change. This edit is inaudible because it doesn't really change audio angle.
When the project is converted to an AAF and opened in Pro Tools, this audio edit is present, but it would be better if X2Pro noticed that the edit was actually in the middle of a continuous piece of audio and put it in the AAF as a single clip.

• Amigi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1628 by Amigi
Amigi created the topic: Remove trough edits
Hi.
Fcpx also cuts the Audio in multicam Mode even if you only cut Video, it makes an "invisible" or better inaudible Audio edit
With every Video Cut, that is impossible to Remove in fcpx .
These cuts translate to the aaf and are confusing and not neccessary

Is there a Chance to incl an Option to Remove These trough edts/ Match Ediths and only include real Edits ?

Thanks. Amigi
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Amigi.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds