Please put useful sequence timecode in the report

• manoucho
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 7 months ago #2521 by manoucho
manoucho replied the topic: Please put useful sequence timecode in the report
Thanks here too !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeremy Norwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 7 months ago #2519 by Jeremy Norwood
Jeremy Norwood replied the topic: Please put useful sequence timecode in the report
I have added this as a feature request in our system and have assigned in over to the X2Pro Product Manager.

• manoucho
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 7 months ago #2509 by manoucho
manoucho replied the topic: Please put useful sequence timecode in the report
Same request here ! The report is hard to read... because of that. HH:MM:SS:FF + subframe would be fabulous

Thanks !

• wplate
  • wplate's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago #1886 by wplate
wplate replied the topic: Please put useful sequence timecode in the report
Thanks, Graeme, I read in other threads that retiming could come from non-matching rates, thank you for pointing out that I actually have retimed clips. I didn't know that 01-Synth50 had audio, it should have been disabled. Actually, as it is an After Effects render it should never have had audio to begin with.

ANYWAY, yes yes yes please file a FR for me about the timecode. I know FCP can do subframe edits for audio, however displaying something not-resembling timecode makes me have to do a lot of work to find the clips X2PRO is warning about. HH:MM:SS:FF + subframe number is needed.

Thank you for the very helpful reply.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1884 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Please put useful sequence timecode in the report
Yes, you are right; the first retimed clip is 3 seconds from the start.

FCP X doesn't insist that clips stop/start on a frame boundary so the position of clips can't be described in an HH:MM:SS:FF style time code. Instead X2Pro describes their position using HH:MM:SS (including fractions of a second) notation from the start of the project. I can add a feature request to use timecode (HH:MM:SS:FF including subframes) if you would like?

Retiming is not to do with mixed frame rates (that is called conforming in FCP X and X2Pro), it's when you have manually slowed down or speeded up a clip. There are a few instances of this in your project, for example at 3 seconds in there is a clip called "01 - Synth50" that has a retiming effect (slow 46%) applied at about 15 seconds into the clip.
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Graeme Robinson.

• wplate
  • wplate's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago #1882 by wplate
wplate created the topic: Please put useful sequence timecode in the report
I am exporting an AAF for my mixer. I was hoping the report would be helpful, but I fear it is not much. The report is below.

The times listed don't correspond with the sequence. The sequence start time is 00:59:57:00, there is a 2-pop at 00:59:58:00 and picture starts at 01:00:00:00. I believe the report is assuming the sequence starts at 00:00:00:00. Am I right? So the first "retiming" is the first clip that is 3 seconds in. I don't know why X2Pro sees retiming, the sequence is 29.97 and the first clip is 29.97.

XML is attached. Anyway, reporting on problems is good. Not reporting using sequence timecode is bad.

• Retiming is not supported. The retiming at 00:00:03.00 has been ignored.
• Retiming is not supported. The retiming at 00:01:28.02 has been ignored.
• Retiming is not supported. The retiming at 00:00:10.58 has been ignored.
• EQ adjustment is not supported The EQ adjustment at 00:00:10.58 has been ignored.
• Retiming is not supported. The retiming at 00:02:20.24 has been ignored.
• Retiming is not supported. The retiming at 00:01:52.48 has been ignored.
• Noise reduction is not supported The Noise Reduction adjustment at 00:01:30.18 has been ignored.
• Retiming is not supported. The retiming at 00:01:11.17 has been ignored.
• Retiming is not supported. The retiming at 00:01:16.44 has been ignored.
• Retiming is not supported. The retiming at 00:01:52.49 has been ignored.
• Retiming is not supported. The retiming at 00:02:18.81 has been ignored.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds