MultiCam Clip functionality

More
1 year 1 month ago #8579 by Noel Jones
Noel Jones replied the topic: MultiCam Clip functionality
Dear All,

Please note, this Feature Request is still with our Product Management.

Yours sincerely
Noel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #8577 by dederem
dederem replied the topic: MultiCam Clip functionality
Hello,

Any news about trimmed multicam and sync clips ?

Thanks.
Remi.

More
5 years 4 months ago #6847 by Nelissen
Nelissen replied the topic: MultiCam Clip functionality
Hi there,

Sorry to also bug you for this question, but we're also desperately in need of this function within your app..

16:03:25 Worx4 X v1.1.6
16:03:25 Inspecting /Volumes/BLAZ BACKUP/FOUTE VRIENDEN S04/XML/Superfinale EDIT.fcpxml
16:03:28 Consolidation is expected to reduce the size of the project as follows:
Trim Handles: 2.0s.
Uncompressed audio files will be trimmed.
Sync clips will be optimised.
Original project: 95.8 hours - 3496 GB.
Consolidated project: 93.3 hours - 3377 GB.
Saving 118 GB.

This is not helping much...
Is there a workaround, or do you have a time frame when this functionality will arrive?

kind regards,

Michiel Nelissen
www.linkedin.com/in/mppnelissen/

• James Carrick
  • James Carrick's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #6818 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: MultiCam Clip functionality
Dear Albert,

Unfortunately not, we are still waiting for Product Management to agree to add this functionality.

Will keep pushing.

Yours sincerely

James

More
5 years 5 months ago #6804 by key-notes
key-notes replied the topic: MultiCam Clip functionality
Hi James,

I noticed Worx4 X was just updated with a bug fix. Is there any update to the multicam suggestion by chance? For me, archiving projects while discarding unused parts of multicam clips would be the most important feature. Hopefully other users would also find it very practical.

Kind regards,

Albert

• James Carrick
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #6670 by James Carrick
Dear Albert,

Many thanks, will ask for the functionality to be reviewed again and will advise.

Yours sincerely

James
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by James Carrick.

More
5 years 7 months ago #6669 by key-notes
key-notes replied the topic: MultiCam Clip functionality
James,

I'd like to second Kenny's (and others') suggestion for multicam clips to archive only the angles used. Nearly all my projects are multicam and the option to discard unused angles would make for an ideal archival solution for me as well.

Is this a feature we can expect soon by any chance?

Many thanks,

Albert

• James Carrick
More
5 years 7 months ago #6611 by James Carrick
Dear Kenny

Many thanks, have added your comments to the ticket here and will forward for product management to review.

Yours sincerely

James

More
5 years 7 months ago #6610 by Kenny_Park
Kenny_Park replied the topic: MultiCam Clip functionality
If it’s possible to trim multicams, even if it “finalises”, as it were, losing the alternate angles, I’d love it. Many of my projects are mostly multicam interviews, painted with B-roll and archive, and Worx4X hardly reduces the the size at all. When I’m handing off to a colourist, I don’t need the alternate angles anyway.

More
6 years 6 months ago #5840 by ltf3
ltf3 replied the topic: MultiCam Clip functionality
For what it's worth I would expect trimmed archive of a Multi- camera clip to keep only the active angles/shots plus handles. I guess this would apply to the audio angles too. So we'd end up with a multicam clip with an overlapping checker-board layout.

I wouldn't mind if the archive even flattened the Multicam video to a single storyline, attaching active audio below ? Each edit in the storyline would have the handle value either side for trimming.

More
6 years 7 months ago #5749 by mcanelson
mcanelson replied the topic: MultiCam Clip functionality
I just made a quick test on Avid MediaComposer v8.X: When you consolidate a sequence with multicam clips inside, it consolidates all the angles inside the multicam, trimming each clip to the used+handles duration.

On my particular use, I want to use Worx4X to send FCPX projects to DaVinci for color grading, so I only need the active angle and the app to finalize synchronized clips (which don't translate to Davinci Resolve).

So, for me a checkbox to select all angles or active angle would be great.

More
6 years 7 months ago #5746 by robertdee
robertdee replied the topic: MultiCam Clip functionality
From my point of view, active angle would be fine as my use of your software is for archiving. That said, a toggle switch between complete clip (as it is now) and active angle would be the handy. Don't know if I'd want individual Multicam clips for every cut.

More
6 years 7 months ago #5745 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: MultiCam Clip functionality
Trimming multicam clips is being looked at with a view to implementing it in a future release. it would be useful to know how users would like this to work though. For example would you want just the active angle in the trimmed clip or all angles? If you have any other comments or suggestions for how multicam clips should be handled they would be helpful.

More
6 years 7 months ago #5743 by mcanelson
mcanelson replied the topic: MultiCam Clip functionality
I'm doing reality television shows and hours long multicam clips get down to less than 10 minutes. Currently I'm editing and color grading in the same Mac with FCPX, my idea is to buy a new one and use it only for color grading with DaVinci Resolve so I can keep editing while the colorist does the grading. I wanted to use Workx4X to trim the finished show to an empty SSD drive, export an FCPXML and handle the drive with the media to the colorist. I don't own the app yet, but not trimming multicams when the work I do is 90% multicam won't be very useful for me. I wish you could add this feature as soon as possible.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #5685 by robertdee
robertdee replied the topic: MultiCam Clip functionality
Hi,

Just got a copy for archiving final cuts. Looks like it will save a lot of space. Having the ability to trim MultiCam clips down would be very handy as most of the time I've used MC just to sync audio with clips. For me, personally, trimming MC clips down to the length of those in the project file (plus handles) would be preferable over the entire clips. I would imagine this creating MC clips for each part, probably - but as I use for archiving purposes that's not too much of an issue from my perspective. Of course, a tick box option so we can decide whether to have them trimmed or not would be even more useful.
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by robertdee.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds