Trim Compound Clips

• ioVideoMaker
  • ioVideoMaker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #8424 by ioVideoMaker
ioVideoMaker replied the topic: Trim Compound Clips
Hi James, glad to see you can improve the product over its actual functionalities!
Especially for YouTube videos, I almost always work with compound and multi cam clips (dynamism is essential for YouTube).
I would really be grateful if you can keep us updated about what the development decides… for compound and multicam… not important if it’ll implemented soon, but knowing it will be is important.

Have a nice day and ciao!
Marco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #8423 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Trim Compound Clips
Hi Marco
We will look again at whether this can be added, we have been asked in the past about being able to do this, so have raised again as a feature request and will review with development.
Yours sincerely
James

More
1 year 7 months ago #8421 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Trim Compound Clips
You are not missing anything, compound clips can't be trimmed safely so we do not do that. I have never heard advice to create compound clips from everything and it seems counter intuitive to work that way. There are obviously some circumstances when creating compound clips makes sense but not simply to make colour correction 'easier'.

• ioVideoMaker
  • ioVideoMaker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #8420 by ioVideoMaker
ioVideoMaker created the topic: Trim Compound Clips
Hi everybody, I'm a videomaker and youtuber, and I'm based in Italy.
Apologies: I need so badly to save space on my libraries!
The testimonial references, like "cut 7.92 GB of material down to 776 MB" made me buy worx4 in a hurry.

I then did a test project (one day of work) and came up with these results:

- original H264 clips: 1,3 GB
- transcoded to H265: 465MB
- H264 + proxies: 2 GB
- H265 + proxies: 664 MB
- worx4 reduced project: no reduction

I searched and red that worx4 doesn't trim media from multicam or compound clips. Is it correct? If so, I don't get how I could use it, since what I learned in the final cut course was to always make compound clips and then color correct them, or fix any issue, in order to have any project using those compound inherit the changes, and have a clean, organized project.

So, if it's good practice to make compound clips, and worx4 doesn't work for compound clips...
...it seems there's another, smarter way to trim... but... I'm seriously helpless here...

please, anybody... what to do?
thanks!
Marco

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds