Multiple Attempts at Troubleshooting mixed down audio in AAF to ProTools

More
5 years 7 months ago #6706 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Multiple Attempts at Troubleshooting mixed down audio in AAF to ProTools
The source file is probably too large to upload to the forum, I will send you an email with some upload details.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• joardy
  • joardy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #6705 by joardy
joardy replied the topic: Multiple Attempts at Troubleshooting mixed down audio in AAF to ProTools
Having some trouble uploading the source file. Working on it now.

• joardy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #6704 by joardy
joardy replied the topic: Multiple Attempts at Troubleshooting mixed down audio in AAF to ProTools
Thank you! Attaching the xml from my original post, one of the source sync files and the .txt file from making the aaf if that's of any use. Please let me know if you need anything different of additional. I appreciate your effort on this issue

Jo
Attachments:

More
5 years 7 months ago #6701 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Multiple Attempts at Troubleshooting mixed down audio in AAF to ProTools
We are looking into this now, we believe the way FCP X writes its fcpxml files has changed slightly so X2Pro is reading it incorrectly, we are looking into this now.

If possible, could you send us your xml file, as well as one of the source files that has this issue so we can try and reproduce it here? The smaller file the better :) I will email you FTP details if the source file is too big to send here/by email.

Thanks

More
5 years 7 months ago #6699 by djrockadoo
djrockadoo replied the topic: Multiple Attempts at Troubleshooting mixed down audio in AAF to ProTools
I am having this same issue. its making one random channel the identical channel. I have 6 channels of recorded audio. 1 lav, 1 lav -6db, 1 shotgun, 1 shotgun -6db, then stereo mix. Everything is coming into protools with 6 channels, but they are all one of the tracks over and over again. A possible subrole issue?

More
5 years 7 months ago #6698 by Daniel Beasley
Did you happen to upgrade your FCP X version in the middle of the project? This can cause a few issues.

The sample.wav file you sent doesn't appear to have been used in the fcpxml so I was unable to re-link it. Would you be able to send us a clip that was used in the project so I can try and reproduce the issue here?

Thanks

• joardy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #6697 by joardy
joardy created the topic: Multiple Attempts at Troubleshooting mixed down audio in AAF to ProTools
Any help would be so appreciated. After using this product for years with the same workflow from FCPX to Pro Tools, I'm suddenly having an issue with the AAF creating identical audio tracks in ProTools. I've tried several work arounds including this last version (I'm attaching the xml) in which I've detached the synced audio from the video. With each effort, the sound designer says that each track is mixed with identical audio.

From the sound designer: "There are multiple tracks, and the metadata seems to have come across because they are labeled differently, but when you solo the clips it will be like 8 clips that sound exactly the same instead of 8 different microphones."

and this from today's version, "you can really hear multiple microphones in it and the phasing issues that it's causing. Every track of this line sound exactly the same, which is the issue throughout"

FCPX automatically gave each track a distinct role...dialog1, dialog 2 etc. so I would expect each track to be distinct. Again, this is the exact workflow as previous projects.

Things tried: unchecking reference wav files, exporting audio as separate files, detaching audio, exporting as all mono tracks
When I import the xml into FCPX all of the audio is as it should be.

Thee sound house is losing patience and so am I!! Any help is much appreciated.

THANK YOU!

Software versions: FCPX 10.3.1 X2Pro 4.2.2
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds