parsing error from fup to x2pro - cannot get started

More
1 year 3 months ago #8561 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: parsing error from fcp to x2pro - cannot get started
Hi Anders,

I am glad you managed to resolve the issue. The files themselves should work fine, the problem is from Final Cuts xml creation. Each reference contains information like how many channels of audio, if there is video, and where the source file is. But some references are created with no information in them at all which causes X2Pro to error as it doesn't know what to do with them.

We have seen this problem many times and have reported it to Apple/Final Cut but nothing has changed yet. We suggest anyone with the issue reports it to Apple in the hope that if enough people report the issue something will be fixed.

If you have any problems in the future please contact us here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• graver
  • graver's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #8560 by graver
graver replied the topic: parsing error from fcp to x2pro - cannot get started
problem solved

Not being super technical, I did find the corrupted files (3 out of 1600+) by searching the index tab on the project timeline. Now xml worked and also a aaf could be created. Thanks

anders
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel Beasley

• graver
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #8559 by graver
Hello Again
Now I can actually get a xml out - but it still creates errors -

Asset [r78 : nil] has no valid media
Extracting Audio
Extracting audio

I have been deleting all videofiles in my project and trying the soundfiles one by one. att is this xml. I suspect that many files are problematic (new asset numbers come up) - but if you can see a corrupted clip in the xml, please let me know. Thank you
Attachments:

More
1 year 3 months ago #8558 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: parsing error from fcp to x2pro - cannot get started
I'm afraid it has to be the original xml as each xml will have different clips assigned to different references.
If you don't have the original xml anymore you could reproduce the issue with X2Pro and it should give the same error but with a reference number, then I will be able to find which the problematic clip was.

• graver
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #8557 by graver
Again thank you for taking time - now can you see a clip number that r110 ? Iinks to ? this may give me an idea. I att another and shorter xml - this I got after greying out some clips and shortening the timeline just to see if I could locate any errors

• graver
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #8556 by graver
Again thank you for taking time - now can you see a clip number that r110 ? Iinks to ? this may give me an idea. I att another and shorter xml - this I got after greying out some clips and shortening the timeline just to see if I could locate any errors
Attachments:

More
1 year 3 months ago #8555 by Daniel Beasley
Hi Anders,

Is it possible you sent a copy of the wrong xml? I ask because looking at this xml at asset 'r110' it has a name attached to it and which clip it links to. So this xml should work fine as it doesn't have the error you mentioned earlier.

• graver
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #8554 by graver
Here it goes - Thank you so much for taking time, it is much appreciated!!!. Im working on a project for a large documentary festival festival and we are running a tiny bit frustrated here...:-)

regards
anders
Attachments:

More
1 year 3 months ago #8553 by Daniel Beasley
You can attach your xml on the forum here, or if you would prefer I can email you some details to use our FTP server.

It's odd that your Final Cut is crashing all the time now, i'm not sure there is much we can suggest for that besides a simple Mac restart and trying to open a couple different projects to see if it relates to the one you are trying to use.

• graver
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #8552 by graver
Hello Daniel
Thank you so much! I have tried for hours now - deleting clips and creating new projects to export from them. I will try to upload an xml from when I still got the error message - now it crashes all the time. Where can I upload?

More
1 year 3 months ago #8551 by Daniel Beasley
Hi Anders,

From the details in the first message "Asset [r110 : nil] has no valid media" it looks like there is a clip which contains no information/metadata, which is why X2Pro is unable to use it. This sometimes happens when creating an XML file from FCPX.

First thing I would suggest is to try and re-export a new xml file in the hope it creates it properly, but that might be difficult if your fcpx is crashing every time you try. If you can send me your xml file I can have a look at which clip "r110" links to so you could try removing it from the project to hopefully then allow X2Pro to create an aaf file.

Thanks,

Daniel
The following user(s) said Thank You: graver

• graver
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #8550 by graver
Hello X2pro
follow up on last post underneath:
Now fcpx (10.6.5) keeps crashing when I try to make an xml - so no chance that I can find a corrupt file. I have tried
- to copy project into a new project
- delete videofiles and only export audio
- relink all files

my project is 58 min long - any suggestions?

thnx in advance
anders

• graver
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #8549 by graver
graver created the topic: parsing error from fup to x2pro - cannot get started
Hello X2pro
I Keep getting this message :"Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information"
Details:
Asset [r110 : nil] has no valid media

Im new to this software - but I would sure like it to work - currently submitting a large documentary for a festival and making a dcp is needed - we hired a sound designer to work on the project in ProTools, but can get any further than this. Any suggestions?

best and thx in advance
anders
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds