Why on earth are clips not showing in browser and other missing features!!...

More
6 years 7 months ago #5706 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Why on earth are clips not showing in browser and other missing features!!...
The reason that metadata was not being round tripped was because it was not contained in the original Project FCPXML export from FCPX.

Essentially Worx4X works with Project exports from FCPX, and it does two things, it creates new media that is shorter than the original, this media must have a different file name hence the appended numbers, and it modifies the FCPXML to point to the newly created media.

The metadata requested is available in an event or library export however Worx4X was designed to work with Projects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #5705 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Why on earth are clips not showing in browser and other missing features!!...
Dear Nick,

Apologies I have been away for a couple of weeks and no one picked this up in my absence. I will pop you a mail.

Yours sincerely

• nick314
  • nick314's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 7 months ago #5704 by nick314
nick314 replied the topic: Why on earth are clips not showing in browser and other missing features!!...
Will you ever reply to this?

Will you also be willing to provide a 50% refund to those that bought the software at twice the price so close to your discount? Especially after complaining about the cost!!... My 14 days to refund the software ended and you decided to lower the price. A fair warning would have been appreciated.

Especially after I complained about the cost, and after we bug and beta test your software, take the time to write reports so you can improve it, I finally feel cheated out of my money, especially with your 'quiet' support.

Get your act together

• nick314
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #5669 by nick314
nick314 replied the topic: Why on earth are clips not showing in browser and other missing features!!...
Regarding the price, it still costs 1/3 of the actual editing software whether in USD or EUR, which I would happily pay had the whole experience been less than frustrating. As for the metadata, you have probably misunderstood me. I consider marking keywords and favorites as 'browser metadata'. So while the clips themselves might retain information set in the inspector panel, the browser - containing no clips - after using the 'Reveal to browser' function, has been stripped of all keywords, favorites and even roles. This is normal behaviour for FCPX, and unless you retain all this info throughout the xml roundtripping, this is more like missing (but expected) functionality rather than a bug.

In case I'm unclear, you can replicate this yourselves.
1. Create a library and drop a clip in it.
2. Mark a few keywords, set a role, and mark a part of a clip as a favorite.
3. Drop part or the whole of the clip in a project
4. Roundtrip from Worx4 X
5. The resulting project from the FCPXML contains the clip. Select it and press shift-f (reveal in browser).
6. All keywords, roles and favorites are gone.

Just to be clear, what I would like to have after using your software would be a trimmed down version of what I already have without missing organisation such as keywords, favorites, roles and even the clips themselves! While apple might not have provided specs for libraries, they have provided specs for 'events'. I suggest you look into how much info is retained while roundtripping using the free Davinci Resolve, or even pluraleyes. If they found a way to keep all this work intact in a free bit of software, so can you!
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by nick314.

More
6 years 8 months ago #5668 by James Carrick
Dear Nick,

Would you be able to attach the fcpxml that was created on the export, and detail what metadata is missing when you re-import this, as we can see here that metadata assigned to clips in FCPX is created in the fcpxml we create and are imported successfully back into FCPX.

Many thanks.

More
6 years 8 months ago #5667 by James Carrick
Dear Nick

You should have the same metadata as we are essentially replicating, we will test here and advise, but its possible we might need a sample from yourself.

Regarding the price, unfortunately that is set by the App Store, the USD price hasn't changed but the price against Euros and Stirling has.

Yours sincerely

James

• nick314
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #5665 by nick314
nick314 created the topic: Why on earth are clips not showing in browser and other missing features!!...
Hello from Athens!

While this software is a missing piece from FCPX and highly needed, it is also highly overpriced for the way some things are advertised to work but don't. When you promote that this software trims the project down, you should equally promote that it is going to get rid of any organisation one may have done in the browser. Clips have lost ALL metadata since they only show up in the project, and if one by one you manage to reveal them in the browser all metadata has been lost.

Also most clips in the project have longer ranges than the now trimmed media, resulting in 'black' left and right of the clip. Why would a software that costs 1/3 of FCPX not perform to its advertised abilities?

Losing all organisation, having clips not show in the browser, not having the option to consistently rename trimmed clips (since some are appended with '1,2,3,4....' and others as 'copy'!!) and having all sorts of other problems, I personally consider this an expensive beta version that is being tested on the users!!... Please let me know if all these 'features' will be fixed or should I request a refund...

Distinct regards,
Nikos

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds