MXF workaround?

More
6 years 5 months ago #5943 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: MXF workaround?
Dear Chris,

We do not make the differentiation between proxy media or otherwise, we only look at what FCPX put into the XML, i.e the XML will detail the individual clips their locations on your system, as well as their use in the timeline. Whatever clips it details are the ones we will go off to find and pop into the AAF.

Thoughts ?

Yours sincerely

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• csinclair
  • csinclair's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 5 months ago #5940 by csinclair
csinclair replied the topic: MXF workaround?
To be clear, under normal circumstances, does your tool only trim source media, but NOT Optimized/Proxy media generated by FCPX? Or does it? Wondering if those generated media files will also carry over to the new Trimmed Library, or if those need to be generated AFTER making the trimmed copy.

More
6 years 5 months ago #5939 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: MXF workaround?
Hi Chris,

To confirm we use Apples AVFoundation to open the media, if it can then Worx4 X will be able to trim it, but if it can't then we will need to transfer the whole clip. If you could convert to any Codec that's fully supported in AVFoundation then we will be able to trim it.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Daniel

• csinclair
  • csinclair's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 5 months ago #5938 by csinclair
csinclair created the topic: MXF workaround?
I have a library of MXF files from the Canon C300 Mark II. As they're not supported, I'm wondering if Worx4 X will trim Optimized Media if I create it. Will it trim those? Or is my only option to transcode to QT ProRes before importing and starting my project?

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds