Error Message when Importing the Worx4 X XML

More
5 years 7 months ago #6664 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Error Message when Importing the Worx4 X XML
Dear VideoGuy,

Unfortunately if the original XML does not import back into FCPX it indicates that it is somehow at some level corrupt, even though it was created by FCPX. At that point we might still be able to work with the FCPXML but we cannot guarantee the results as even FCPX has a problem reading it. Am pleased you managed to find a workaround by using an instance of an older version of the XML and recreating the XML.

Yours sincerely

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VideoGuy808
  • VideoGuy808's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #6663 by VideoGuy808
VideoGuy808 replied the topic: Error Message when Importing the Worx4 X XML
Thanks, Daniel: I will ignore the frame boundary message ... and may I do that with the unexpected value message also?

Regarding the crashing ... I saw this mentioned in another post on this site and the suggestion was to try importing the original FCPX XML to see if that crashes ... and indeed it did. Out of the 27 clips, 3 of them crash even when importing the original XML back-in. Not sure what to do next with that.

One new thing ... out of the 27 clips, 2 of them had empty graphic clips when re-imported. One showed the graphic on the timeline as if it were there but only displayed TITLE. Interestingly, it was part of a photo/graphic Compound Clip package used in 10 other clips. The rest were OK. I re-did the XML process and it fixed it, The other one did not display our "bug" but showed an empty "bug" on the timeline ... we have the same logo bug in all 27 clips. 26 showed it OK but one just showed an empty clip on the timeline (no icon.) I tried re-doing the XML process but that did not work. I copied the bug in from an earlier version and that work-around seemed to work.

I appreciate Worx. My working files were around 2.75 TB for these 27 clips, Worx has brought that figure WAY down.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #6661 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Error Message when Importing the Worx4 X XML
The edit frame boundary message is a problem that has been in FCPX for a while now, it should be perfectly fine to ignore it.

"This sometimes happens even if Worx4 X hasn't touched the fcpxml.
This seems to happen sometimes when a clip that has been conformed, has been trimmed by Worx4 X.
All media should be available, but edits may be up to a frame out." - taken from https://worx4.com/Resources/known-issues-limitations.html

If FCP X is still crashing when you are importing the Worx4 X xml then we will need that xml to reproduce it here.

Thanks!
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Daniel Beasley.

• VideoGuy808
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #6655 by VideoGuy808
Greetings, James: Here are the uploads you requested. Out of the 27 clips, 10 generated similar Error Messages. The one I'm sending you had the Error Message with the most entries ... 9. Some had just 1 and others had 2-6. All referenced the Edit Frame Boundary and only this one also referenced the Unexpected Value.

The first attachment is the original XML from FCPX ... "QVD IL OH 18-02 v07 NEAT.fcpxml". The second attachment is the XML that came out of Worx ... "QVD IL OH 18-02 v07WORX NEAT.fcpxml". Please note that I added WORX to the name only for this upload so there would be no confusion. The third attachment is a composite screen grab I did of the error messages for this clip. It spanned 3 pages and I couldn't find a way to just copy the text so I put 3 screens grabs together.

I do have 3 clips that crash FCPX when I try to import the Worx XML but I see another post mentioning that so I'll try working with those separately.

Thanks you very much for any time you spend dealing with this. Let me know if you need anything else.

File Attachment:

File Name: QVDILOH18-...3.fcpxml
File Size:392 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: QVDILOH18-...3.fcpxml
File Size:355 KB
Attachments:

• VideoGuy808
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #6647 by VideoGuy808
I will do that when I get back to the office tomorrow. Do you mean the 10 XMLs that are generating the Error Messages ... or the 3 XMLs that crash FCPX ... or both? Let me know and I'll grab 1 typical example.

Thanks,

More
5 years 7 months ago #6646 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Error Message when Importing the Worx4 X XML
Dear VideoGuy,

Would you be able to attach the original FCPXML, and the one that Worx4x created please.

Yours Sincerely

James

• VideoGuy808
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #6645 by VideoGuy808
Here's an update to my original post. I've completed the Worx conversion for all 27 clips. 10 of them have that Error Message with some having more entries than others ... and a couple have a new entry in addition. It says: "Encountered an unexpected value" and then has some specifics.

3 of the 27 crash FCPX when I try to import the Worx XML ... but I see that mentioned in another post. I'll try regenerating a new XML tomorrow. Attached is a sample of the new entries.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Attachments:

• VideoGuy808
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #6644 by VideoGuy808
VideoGuy808 created the topic: Error Message when Importing the Worx4 X XML
Greetings: Just completed editing 27 clips ranging from 3 minutes to 20 minutes. Now I'm running them thru Worx4 X to bring the sizes of the Libraries down. Completed about a third so far. When I import the Worx4 X XML into a new Library I occasionally get an error message. A typical one will read: "The item is not on an edit frame boundary (duration="300301/30000s":/fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]spine[1]/asset-clip[1]/asset-clip[1]/spine[2]video[1]/

I've gotten this on 4 of 10 that I've completed so far. The specifics are different in each but the general message is the same. It also says "Depending on the warnings, you may want to modify the XML, then reimport it again." Not knowing what this means, I just click OK and Continue. The new Library seems to open OK and the Project is intact and plays OK, I haven't tried any exports from the new Libraries yet.

Any ideas on what this might mean ... any problems it might be creating down the road ... and how I might fix it? Thanks.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds