Workx4 X Refund as some Motion Templates not applied

• PD
  • PD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #6776 by PD
PD replied the topic: Workx4 X Refund as some Motion Templates not applied
Thank you for the response! I can say, in some positive news, that the problem has become intermittent enough that I can temporarily work around it. The last project I put through Worx4 X ended up being just fine. The project before it still had some of the issues present here, but I just re-added the transitions to the new timeline. I think I'll continue using the app going forward, and looking forward to any improvements that come along the way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #6770 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Workx4 X Refund as some Motion Templates not applied
Dear PD,

Apologies for the delay, we can see the same issue here and passed to development to see if they can fix it. I will chase for an update.

Yours sincerely

James

• PD
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #6733 by PD
Here's an example XML of the same "Picross" project, but this time the XML was created without any Motion titles and transitions in the timeline.
Attachments:

• PD
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #6731 by PD
No problem. I have attached them to this message. The version with “Worx4” in the file name are the result after running through Worx4 X. The ones with just “archive” are the originals.

The one named “Picross” has none of the Motion transitions applied. The one named “Summer Concerts” has some but not all Motion transitions applied and also the broken custom Motion PiP template.

I’ll have to get you an example XML without any Motion templates sometime tomorrow once I’m back in front of my edit workstation to export one.

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve been traveling and shooting all day.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by PD.

More
5 years 6 months ago #6725 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Workx4 X Refund as some Motion Templates not applied
Dear PD

Hope you don't mind me changing the subject title of the thread. Would you be able to supply us with an example XML(s) where the custom motion is and is not applied in the conformed EDL.

Can you also forward the XML or cut down version of it where you have your motion template for PIP.

Yours Sincerely

James

• PD
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #6724 by PD
PD replied the topic: Workx4 X Refund?
Of course! I'd be happy to help with any info I can give. I just tried again with the same project, and a second project and strangely enough, the custom Motion title transferred over just fine this time and color correction seems consistent with the original project. The other issues still persist though.

Some of my custom Motion transitions aren't applied to the project, but others are. And it isn't consistent between projects. Both these projects I have used Worx4 X on have the same transitions. In one project, it's missing them completely, in the other, it's missing all but 1. The Flow transition built into FCP also seems to have not been applied to the project where I used it.

My Motion template for PiP also didn't transfer over correctly during this second attempt. It shows a placeholder drop zone where the image should be. (Example attached). The image was definitely in the original event and consolidated within the FCP Library. It just didn't transfer over after Worx4 X did it's thing for whatever reason. I also had a few Freeze Frames of this Motion template in the project, which is now just a static PNG of the drop zone. So, even if I were to add back the image in the source Motion Template again, i would need to recreate each of the freeze frames.

Some of these Motion templates were nested within multiple compound clips, which I know Worx4 X can't trim, but I assumed it would just copy the entire file as is without issue. Since the segments with Motion templates in Compound Clips are relatively small files, I was okay with the entire clip being copied as long as it kept everything in place. I can't ungroup the Compound Clips before using Worx4 X either because they are essential to make certain transitions and effects in my timeline work.
Attachments:

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #6720 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Workx4 X Refund?
Hi PD,

Is it possible for us to look into some of the issues you are having? We would like to try and improve Worx4 X in any way that we can.

If you just want to get a refund, you can request a refund through the Appstore and Apple will be happy to refund you.

Many thanks
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Daniel Beasley.

• PD
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #6717 by PD
PD created the topic: Workx4 X Refund?
Hi there! I discovered Worx4 X recently and it looked like exactly what I needed to condense my old projects down and archive them. I bought the app and tried it out, and while it mostly worked as advertised I had a few specific issues that I think are likely a problem with my workflow more than they are the app, but are still issues that make the app not useful to me.

When I used the app on a project and it's event, it did what I expected it to do for the most part, but it unfortunately wasn't able to handle the multitude of Motion templates and graphics I use in my projects. Certain Motion titles were completely permanently changed to an unusable state, while others were completely missing. Worx4 X also seemed to have a problem with some of my color correction tools. Some of my graded clips looked completely different in the project file Worx4 X generated.

Thus, the timeline for the condensed project would need some rebuilding for it to match the original project. This completely invalidates why I would want these projects archived in the first place. Because this app was pricey and doesn't quite fit my workflow as I hoped, I was wondering if it would be possible to get a refund. This is a great concept for a tool, but I understand some of the limitations are due to how FCPX handles things. I would love to try it again if FCPX ever works out those quirks.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by PD.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds