Worx4 X creates .txt file instead of .fcpxmld file with 10.6.6 and MacOS 13.4

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #8657 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Worx4 X creates .txt file instead of .fcpxmld file with 10.6.6 and MacOS 13.4
Dear Roy,

We have checked this end and mails are being sent and received by GMail, possibly check your spam ?

Best Regards.

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Esmonde
  • Esmonde's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8634 by Esmonde
Esmonde replied the topic: Worx4 X creates .txt file instead of .fcpxmld file with 10.6.6 and MacOS 13.4
BTW I meant to add that although I'm 'following' this thread I have not been receiving emails letting me know about new replies.

• Esmonde
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8633 by Esmonde
Esmonde replied the topic: Worx4 X creates .txt file instead of .fcpxmld file with 10.6.6 and MacOS 13.4
Thanks Tim. Maybe that's my mistake. I saw the directory with all the trimmed files with the .txt file outside it. I presumed that's where the XML file would be but you're saying it's in the same directory as the trimmed files. Unfortunately I'm not beside that particular Mac right now but I'll check later. Sounds like good news then. Much appreciated.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8632 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Worx4 X creates .txt file instead of .fcpxmld file with 10.6.6 and MacOS 13.4
According to that text file the new trimmed clips and XML were created successfully, they should be in a new directory for use by FCPX.

• Esmonde
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8631 by Esmonde
Apologies James and Daniel for this delayed reply. I thought I could find log files to upload but discovered they are only available in different Marquis Broadcast apps.

Anyway, I'm attaching the .txt file generated in one of my Worx4 X conversions. I hope it helps you identify the problem.

Thanks!
Attachments:

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8630 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Worx4 X creates .txt file instead of .fcpxmld file with 10.6.6 and MacOS 13.4
Hi Roy,

Whenever you get the chance to send us the .txt file by attaching it here we can look into the issue for you.

Thanks,

Daniel

• Esmonde
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8624 by Esmonde
Hello James. As I wrote I did not use XML 1.11. I used the only other option XML 1.10. I've had the same problem on both Intel and M1 Macs running MacOS 13.4. I will also follow your advice on your direct support link and upload the log files.

Thanks,

Roy

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8623 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Worx4 X creates .txt file instead of .fcpxmld file with 10.6.6 and MacOS 13.4
Dear Esmonde,

We do not support XML 1.11, can you please send the .txt file to us, as this will detail what is going on.

Yours Sincerely

James

• Esmonde
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 4 weeks ago #8621 by Esmonde
Esmonde created the topic: Worx4 X creates .txt file instead of .fcpxmld file with 10.6.6 and MacOS 13.4
I don't use Worx4 X as a rule. But today having updated to "Final Cut Pro" 10.6.6 in MacOS 13.4 I tried it on an old project with a library of around 234GB. Everything seemed to go fine. I exported an XML of the project using XML 1.10, after it refused to work with the latest version. Worx4 X estimated reducing the file from 168GB to 28GB. It exported the trimmed files to a new folder totalling around 30GB and at the end created a new file, which I presumed was the new XML file for import. But the suffix on that new file was .txt and its size was 13kb (see attached screen grab) and it will not import as an XML file even if I change the suffix to .fcpxmld. I've tried this Worx4 X conversion three times with the same result. Can you help? Thanks.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds