Error Extracting Audio Data

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 10 months ago #5371 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Error Extracting Audio Data
Thank you for providing the fcpxml and MP3 file. I was able to reproduce the problem here using those two files.

There appears to be something wrong with the end of that MP3 file because:
  • Quicktime Player 7 thinks it is about 1 minute long (and has audio all the way through)
  • Quicktime Player X thinks it is about 2 minutes long (and has audio all the way through)
  • FCP X thinks it is 1:59.71 long (but it becomes silent from 58.85 seconds onwards)

I noticed that if I use the whole clip in a project, X2Pro will not be able to convert it, but if I trim the clip and only use the first 50 seconds and tell X2pro to trim the audio with 0 second handles, it is able to convert the project...

So the problem is caused by this "bad" MP3 file, but a workaround that should work for you would be to enable the "Trim embedded audio" feature and set the handles to something small enough that X2Pro won't try to extract audio from the bad part of the MP3. Unfortunately, I notice you are using X2Pro LE, so you may have to upgrade in order to enable that feature. Alternatively, you could try re-encoding those bad MP3 files and using the re-encoded versions in your project before you export the fcpxml for X2Pro to process.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• frankfcp
  • frankfcp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 10 months ago #5369 by frankfcp
frankfcp replied the topic: Error Extracting Audio Data
Just tried to access the ftp site but my Safari web browser said it could not access the link. Please advise.

More
6 years 10 months ago #5368 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Error Extracting Audio Data
Hi Frank,

Just popped you a mail with details of an ftp drop site to upload the clip to.

Many thanks.

James

• frankfcp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #5367 by frankfcp
frankfcp replied the topic: Error Extracting Audio Data
The clip in question appears to be 957,933 bytes in size. It is one of many sound effect clips that I use from Pond5.com. I ran a second test and temporarily deleted the sound clip from my project. Your program then found the same issue with another sound clip.

I've attached the XML file below but the audio sound effect file is an mp3 and it appears I'm not able to upload that file type onto your server.

Thanks again.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by frankfcp.

More
6 years 10 months ago #5366 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Error Extracting Audio Data
Hi Frank,

Just sent you a mail, can you check that the clip in question is indeed 2097152 bytes large and does it play ok to the end.

Yours Sincerely

James

• frankfcp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 10 months ago #5365 by frankfcp
frankfcp created the topic: Error Extracting Audio Data
Please help! I have been using X2Pro LE for over 3 years now and never had a problem, until now.

Earlier tonight, I went to convert my latest XML to an AAF file and it provided me with an error that I had never seen before. I then tried to convert a few other XML files I had on file into AAF files and the system continued to give me the same message. The error reads as follows. Please help... FYI - I am currently running Final Cut Pro X Version 10.3.3

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [072356316-1999-porchse-carrera-onboard-s] to AAF file
Adding essence data to AAF file for portion 0 of asset [072356316-1999-porchse-carrera-onboard-s]
Reading audio data from audio extractor : 1048576 samples
Failed to read 1048576 samples
Error Extracting audio data (read 1015808 bytes of 2097152 required) (Cannot Open)

Suggestion: Does this movie contain an unsupported audio format ?

No AAF file has been generated.
X2Pro Audio Convert LE 4.0.21

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds