Pro Tools Error 1104

More
6 years 6 months ago #5809 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Pro Tools Error 1104
Hi OldSoul,

I have been testing this on MacOs 10.13 with Pro Tools 12.8.1 and when I open the .aaf you provided it works fine.But, when I save and close it and then try to open it from the .ptx file that is when I get the same problem.

We cant see a problem with the .aaf file, so it appears to be a problem Avid need to look at.

Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #5575 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Pro Tools Error 1104
Dear OldSoul,

If possible can you please upload the FCPXML and the resultant AAF to our ftp site, will pop you a separate mail with details.

Yours Sincerely

James

• oldsoulsound
  • oldsoulsound's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 9 months ago #5574 by oldsoulsound
oldsoulsound replied the topic: Pro Tools Error 1104
Ahh Thanks James. I did just upgrade to PT 12.8 and the session opened without the 1104 error but gave me one saying The following files could not be read and appear corrupt:
Promise Pegasus:Mixes:BC Experience:BC EXP Master HD 24p.aaf

More
6 years 9 months ago #5573 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Pro Tools Error 1104
Dear OldSoul.

Please see:
forum.marquisbroadcast.com/x2pro-problem-reports/1434-pro-tools-sessions-keep-crashing.html

Avid are aware of this issue in PT 12.7 and have advised the following workaround.

1. Create a New Session
2. Do an Import Session Data of the AAF file, you'll get an Assertion Error after doing the import, but you can just bypass that error.
3. Do a Save Copy In of the new session
4. Work on the Saved Copy In session.

Please advise how you get on.

Yours Sincerely

James

• oldsoulsound
  • oldsoulsound's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 9 months ago #5572 by oldsoulsound
oldsoulsound created the topic: Pro Tools Error 1104
I have a clip in MXF(XDCAM422) I've disabled 4 out of 6 tracks of audio. When I generate the AAF everything goes fine until I import it into Pro Tools 12.7. I receive this error message.
Could not complete your request because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/200028/ProTools/NewFileLibs/FF/Audio/FF_AudioFile.cpp", line 1104.

The file plays as if the channels are combined with a slight doubled delay. I imported the whole clip into pro tools an the tracks come in fine and play fine. It also plays fine in FCPX.
Ive tried importing the session data into a new session. No change. I made a new session with an AAF of just the offending clips, same problem. It seems the generated AAF from this file is not generating correctly. Any Ideas?

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds