"Conform rates have not been applied" message

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #8174 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: "Conform rates have not been applied" message
Hi Tez,

Apologies for the delay in response over Easter. That would be the only process I could think of if you have lots of clips that are at different framerates. As for the FAQs, some of them are quite out of date and are no longer correct, we no longer provide a timecode for each individual clip, but we will be working on creating a new up-to-date FAQ area soon.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Daniel Beasley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• umustbejoking@hotmail.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 11 months ago #8152 by umustbejoking@hotmail.com
umustbejoking@hotmail.com replied the topic: "Conform rates have not been applied" message
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your help previously. I'm well and truly deep down the rabbit hole now with this sync issue.
In regards to what you mentioned..

"If you converted the frame rates of your clips to match your project before you used them in FCP, then FCP wouldn't have to conform the clips when you use them in your project, and there would be no sync issues in the AAF after you convert your project in X2Pro."

What would this process look like? Would I have to go back to every individual clip of my feature project to convert them before importing them back into FCP for the AAF?

Also, in regards to the FAQ, it mentions the AAF conversion report provides a timecode for retimed/conformed clips. However in my report it simply says "• Conform rates have not been applied."
Any thoughts?

Thank you

Tez

More
6 years 5 months ago #5928 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: "Conform rates have not been applied" message
Hi Cinewindow,

A conform is a type of retiming that is automatically and transparently applied by FCP X when your clip frame rate is close (but the not the same) as your project frame rate. X2Pro doesn't process any conform rates so the warning is letting you know that is the case and the original frame rates for each clip will be used.

When you export the project as an fcpxml, FCP doesn't do any rendering so If X2Pro were to put retimed/conformed audio in the AAF at the speed that it play in FCP, it would have to do some processing of the audio. At present, X2Pro does as little processing of the audio as possible in order to keep the quality of the audio as high as possible.

If you converted the frame rates of your clips to match your project before you used them in FCP, then FCP wouldn't have to conform the clips when you use them in your project, and there would be no sync issues in the AAF after you convert your project in X2Pro.

Here's a shorter (and probably easier to understand) explanation on our FAQs: https://x2pro.net/help.html?option=com_fsf&Itemid=637&view=faq&catid=-1&search=conform

Hope this helped,

Daniel

• cinewindow
  • cinewindow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #5924 by cinewindow
cinewindow created the topic: "Conform rates have not been applied" message
Hi!

I just made a test conversion and received the following message:

CONFORM RATES HAVE NOT BEEN APPLIED

What does this mean?

I will appreciate your help!

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds