Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information

More
6 years 2 months ago #6121 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
Dear RH,

We would never have sold a single instance of the application directly, so you must have purchased off of the AppStore and they will have a record of that.

Yours Sincerely

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #6120 by RH
RH replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
Ok...I purchased the X2PRO app back in 2013...it may have been directly from the manufactures site...my Appstore log in is not providing any information regarding the purchase or even showing that there was a purchase of the app. Now what should I do?I don't want to have to purchase the app all over again.

More
6 years 2 months ago #6099 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
Upgrades are free so all you need to do is log in to the Appstore with the same username as you used to purchase it with and you will get the upgrade.

More
6 years 3 months ago #6096 by RH
RH replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
Greetings Tim. I seem to be having the exact same "Unable to Parse FCP XML File" message when using x2pro v2.1.9 and FCPX V 10.3...would going to the app store and purchasing the x2pro upgrade be the only resolve to this problem?Also, can I just purchase and update and not the complete new one for the price of $150. if so please provide a direct link to that purchase. Please help! at a deadline for short film project! Thanks.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #6095 by RH
Greetings Tim. I seem to be having the exact same "Unable to Parse FCP XML File" message when using x2pro v2.1.9 and FCPX V 10.3...would going to the app store and purchasing the x2pro upgrade be the only resolve to this problem?Also, can I just purchase and update and not the complete new one for the price of $150. if so please provide a direct link to that purchase. Please help! at a deadline for short film project! Thanks.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by RH.

More
6 years 3 months ago #6063 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
With V2.1.9 I'm not surprised that a V1.5 FCPXML file is not parsed successfully, the current version of X2Pro is 4.0.32 and I would suggest that you visit the App Store and upgrade, that should fix the problem.

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #6062 by Wiek
Wiek replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
Thanks for the fast reply!

I checked your suggestion, but it didn't work so far.

Some more details:
- lenght 32:21:17
- working with X2Pro Audio Convert 2.1.9
- working with FCPX 10.2
- I used a lot of DV clips (filmed with an old camera on tapes) which I had to deinterlace and make 16:9 in FCP. DaVinci Resolver didn't recognize the clips first. Might that be a problem?
- It said: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
Suggestions:
Ensure that the file is not locked by another application and is readable;
Ensure that this is a valid FCP XML file from a released version of FCP X;
Ensure that this is the export of a Project, not of an Event;
Ensure that this is not an empty project (or that all audio is disabled);

Hope this is enough? Hope to hear from you

More
6 years 3 months ago #6061 by TimRobson
Some details of the problem would be helpful but the post title suggests that you didn't have the project selected when you exported the XML, can you confirm what steps you used to export and try again with the project selected.

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #6060 by Wiek
Wiek created the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
Hi there,

Me and my sound designer are having trouble with exporting the fcpxml to AAF file. I added my xml file as an attachment. I am currently working with FCP X 10.2

Any suggestions? Would be very helpful! Many thanks

File Attachment:

File Name: Versie8.3e...9.fcpxml
File Size:554 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds