Dissolve Transitions

• Ian M
  • Ian M's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #6155 by Ian M
Ian M replied the topic: Dissolve Transitions
After some more research it appears that this is the case in Logic Pro X, which is what I have been using. I tried the AAF in Pro Tools and it correctly positioned the cross fades in the time line. From there I could export an OMF or AAF, which rendered the cross fades, and thus import successfully into Logic. I don't know the AAF spec and whether Logic and Pro Tools are implementing different versions of it, but that is the first time I came across a problem with X2Pro going into Logic. Perhaps you could put an option in to render cross fades, as Pro Tools does on creating an AAF. Presumably Pro Tools does this because they recognise that some AAF destinations will not recognise the cross fades.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Ian M.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #6154 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Dissolve Transitions
I don't see this problem here, can you post your fcpxml here so that I can take a look and see whether I can tell what is causing the problem.

• Ian M
  • Ian M's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
6 years 2 months ago #6149 by Ian M
Ian M created the topic: Dissolve Transitions
It seems X2Pro cannot handle dissolve transitions in FCPX 10.4. After investigating sync errors I found that they occurred when a video dissolve had been created, which also cross fades the audio. Even after separating out the audio, this still happened. Instead of the AAF putting the overlapping audio on two separate tracks and allowing a cross fade to be made, it just puts the second audio region after the first, thus destroying sync and everything following. If you have a lot of these dissolves it becomes impossible.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds