There are audio files in locations that cannot be accessed by X2Pro.

More
6 years 2 months ago #6188 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: There are audio files in locations that cannot be accessed by X2Pro.
Hi Dalmacy,

The Pro version makes all the options available in the preferences. The LE version only converts the full clips, whilst the pro version will take any trimming and handles added.

If you hold shift as you press convert it will allow you to run a conversion in test mode, allowing you to force generate an aaf. Although, any clips X2Pro is unable to read won't be converted so it would be worth checking that all the clips are there. This isn't recommended that you use it every time, but it is an option if you urgently need an aaf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dalmacy
  • Dalmacy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 2 months ago #6186 by Dalmacy
Dalmacy replied the topic: There are audio files in locations that cannot be accessed by X2Pro.
Hello Daniel. If I was to upgrade to Pro, will I have the ability to "Generate the warning and continue creating an AAF file" which is currently grayed out under the LE version?

• Dalmacy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 2 months ago #6185 by Dalmacy
Dalmacy replied the topic: There are audio files in locations that cannot be accessed by X2Pro.
So I finally am able to get through the first hurdle. But now I have this error. I also noticed that the settings to allow WAV files has been grayed out and the same on the preference tab. Any suggestions?
Attachments:

More
6 years 2 months ago #6183 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: There are audio files in locations that cannot be accessed by X2Pro.
Hi Dalmacy,

If you go back to the Media Locations tab, the top box shows all of the locations you have allowed X2Pro to have access to. If you hit the "+" button below the box you can select the locations X2Pro can retrieve files from. If you add the drive/location "Blue Cross|" X2Pro will then be able to convert your XML.

Any locations in the "Inaccessible Locations" box will need to be added to the top box in order for X2Pro to have access to it.

Regards,

Daniel

• Dalmacy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 2 months ago #6180 by Dalmacy
One other thing, I found out that if I was to save the movie as an MXF file and then export the xml then X2Pro will convert it to an AAF file. I did try that and my sound editor said that the AAF did not have the clips with handles and that it had just full tracks. I was wondering if there's an actual step by step way of doing this properly. My editor is using Pro Tools.

• Dalmacy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 2 months ago #6179 by Dalmacy
I'm kind of confused. I never had this issue before. Would that mean that I have to change the sharing and permissions on the drive itself?

More
6 years 2 months ago #6176 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: There are audio files in locations that cannot be accessed by X2Pro.
Dear Dalmacy,

The issue is that our application wants to look at media that is referenced on the volume BLUE CROSS, but we are being refused access. Can you advise on what this volume is and if possible can you share or grant access to it.

Yours sincerely

James

• Dalmacy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 2 months ago #6174 by Dalmacy
Dalmacy created the topic: There are audio files in locations that cannot be accessed by X2Pro.
This is what I constantly get every time I'm trying to convert my FCPX file. I need help to correct this. As far as I know, every file is in the hard drive. Not sure what else to do and I have a deadline to meet. HELP PLEASE!! I'm running the current iOS on my mac (10.4)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds