AAF out of sync

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #6310 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: AAF out of sync
How big is the original project? We are not sure on what we can do without being able to have a look at it to see where/why it is going wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jayfrosting
  • jayfrosting's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #6307 by jayfrosting
jayfrosting replied the topic: AAF out of sync
Oh, bummer. I guess not. I don't have ProTools so I can't recreate the problem on a smaller scale.

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #6304 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: AAF out of sync
Hi Jay,

This is slightly hard for us to investigate without being able to go through what is happening. Is it possible you can send us a small project which contains this problem, so we can see why it is going out of sync?

I will send you an email,

Regards

• jayfrosting
  • jayfrosting's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #6301 by jayfrosting
jayfrosting created the topic: AAF out of sync
Hi there,

This is the first and only time this has happened so far. I converted an .fcpxml to AAF with X2Pro version 4.1.0 and our sound mixer told me that the AAF was out of sync with the reference video in Pro Tools. As an example, he told me

01:37:35;28 A5, dialogue differs by 2 1/2 frames. This happens throughout the show. I’d say 20% is not totally lined up. 80% is.

I re-created the AAF using the same XML and it was still out of sync, but in different places.

Now this spot is 1 1/2 frames out. 01:40:14;04 is 2 frames out, as an example. But still about 20% if out of sync.

Then I tried making an AAF with X2Pro version 4.0.32 and it was still out of sync. We also tried recreating the reference video but that didn't change anything. The sound mixer sent me his audio guide, which I brought into Final Cut Pro X and I couldn't find any places where the sync was lost.

Please help.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds