Unsupported Audio Format?

More
5 years 2 months ago #6929 by ZoraNeo
ZoraNeo replied the topic: Unsupported Audio Format?
I just might have solved the problem. I installed the "Apple Video Formats (2.0.7)" on the iMac. It's strange, because FCP X and Motion were already installed on the computer, i thought the Pro Formats would be already installed.
Anyway, it seems the issue is fixed now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel Beasley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #6928 by ZoraNeo
ZoraNeo replied the topic: Unsupported Audio Format?
Hi I have the same problem. It's "definitely" NOT the MXF file causing the problem!
I am certain because on one Computer (macbook pro late 2013), it works just fine, on the other one (iMac Late 2015) I get the same error, and I am transcoding exactly the same XML File in X2Pro, which refers to the very same MXF Files, on the same drive! I can record and send you a video as a proof.

Both computers are running the same and latest MacOs version of Mojave.

Following Information might help your developers.
Before Apple natively supported MFX I had a Plugin installed on the "macbook pro", from a developer called "hamburg pro media". The Plugin was called MXF4Mac.
The iMac (wich gets the errors), didn't have that plugin installed.

I never did a fresh System Installation on the Macbook Pro, I always ran all the Updates/Upgrades over existing system. So I guess somewhere, there's still a piece of that plugin in the system. I can tell, because on the Macbook Pro, I still see the MXF Presets in the Apple Compressor, that were installed with the plugin.

That developer "Hamburg Pro Media" doesn't exist anymore, because the've sold it to apple. Apple actually bought their Plugin and embedded the technic in their system. I know that for a fact, because I spoke to a guy from "Hamburg Pro Media", back in time.

I hope this Informations might help you. Because, retranscoding the whole media of a Project is really not an option. It takes time, needs double space and costs money.

If you have any furthure questions, please contact me, I'd be glad to help you.
I really like x2Pro, but if you don't fix this issue, there's no use for it.

Kind regards,
Zoran

More
5 years 2 months ago #6924 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Unsupported Audio Format?
Hi Kyle,

I've discussed this with one of our developers and he has said that we use AVFoundation to be able to read media files. So we rely on its ability to read/understand these clips in order for us to work with them. Apples AVFoundation doesn't support CRM and struggles with a lot MXF files so that is why we are failing to extract the audio from your xml.

Customers who have had this issue in the past managed to get around it by transcoding their media (Media Encoder worked fine when tested here) and recreating the xml in FCPX.

• Kyle_Theobald
  • Kyle_Theobald's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 2 months ago #6921 by Kyle_Theobald
Kyle_Theobald replied the topic: Unsupported Audio Format?
Daniel,

I created a project in FCPX containing just the problem areas in our project and exported the XML for you to look at.

It is worth noting that we saw these same issues occurring with the MXF files.

xml:
we.tl/t-BaXnDOYtEi

Thank you,
-Kyle

• Kyle_Theobald
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 3 months ago #6920 by Kyle_Theobald
Kyle_Theobald replied the topic: Unsupported Audio Format?
You are correct, this particular file is actually a CRM file. Is this not something that cannot be processed by X2Pro?

More
5 years 3 months ago #6917 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Unsupported Audio Format?
Hi Kyle,

Would you be able to send us your .xml file so we can investigate why it wont convert?

We have seen this issue before with CRM. files. Is the asset mentioned "A049C810_181211UD_C20OA" Canon raw media?

• Kyle_Theobald
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 3 months ago #6915 by Kyle_Theobald
Kyle_Theobald created the topic: Unsupported Audio Format?
Hello,

Below you will find the details of my problem report. We ran our audio through our cameras and had it baked in with the footage -- is this something that is not supported by X2? It's the only possible reason we've come up with on our end and were curious to know if this is a known issue or something that doesn't mesh well with the X2Pro software.

Let me know if anything comes to mind.

Thank you,

-Kyle

Details:

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [A049C810_181211UD_C20OA] to AAF file
Opening audio extractor for portion 0 of asset [A049C810_181211UD_C20OA]
Failed to initialize audio extractor with default bit depth of 16
Error Setting up for audio extraction (Cannot Open)

Suggestion: Does this movie contain an unsupported audio format?

No AAF file has been generated.
X2Pro Audio Convert 4.2.2

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds