A lot of problems with AAF export to Pro Tools

More
5 years 1 month ago #6945 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: A lot of problems with AAF export to Pro Tools
It would be useful to see the AAF if possible

Can you confirm that was the exact xml the editor used? We can't seem to get the XML to work with X2Pro here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Edmatthews82
  • Edmatthews82's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #6941 by Edmatthews82
Edmatthews82 replied the topic: A lot of problems with AAF export to Pro Tools
I asked the editor to send these onto me. I hope they are right.

The .aaf is 1.23GB are you able to work it out without? otherwise I can upload this to a link.
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago #6940 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: A lot of problems with AAF export to Pro Tools
Hi Edmatthews,

Apologies for not the slow response.

There could be a couple different issues for each issue you mention. Would you be able to send us the fcpxml file and the AAF. you created to try and see what is going on?

Many thanks.

• Edmatthews82
  • Edmatthews82's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 2 months ago #6939 by Edmatthews82
Edmatthews82 created the topic: A lot of problems with AAF export to Pro Tools
Having a lot of issues with the Pro Tools import of an AAF File. FYI I'm the Sound Editor.

1) The audio files are all over the place on some tracks, the sync is out on PTC's, sound effects are not where they should be.
2) The project's timeline has audio going through for about 2 hours when it should just be a 45min timeline.
3) The AAF's source is claiming to be 44.1k, I've tried SRC converting to 48k and I've tried not converting. When not converting everything plays in extreme slow motion.
4) When I've checked the files in finder once imported, some of them are in 192k, others in 44.1k, others in 48k. The 192k files are from the very same master file as some of the 48k files, just different clips (hope that makes sense).

Our editor has used the same settings she has used for all her previous projects so it's very confusing for all of us. She has used 44.1k music in the past with 48k sync files previously too with no problems.

There are multiple video sources, A7Sii, stock footage, GoPro, FS5 and most of the audio recorded onto a Zoom H4N. Although this is no different from her previous projects.

Is this common? What's the best way around this issue? Any help really appreciated. Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds