aaf from X2Pro not working in Logic Pro X

More
4 years 2 months ago #7345 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: aaf from X2Pro not working in Logic Pro X
Dear Zoe,

Have popped you a personal mail with details of the ftp site where you can upload the media.

Yours Sincerely

James
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zoe
  • Zoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 2 months ago #7343 by Zoe
Zoe replied the topic: aaf from X2Pro not working in Logic Pro X
Hello again,

sorry we had a lot of trouble and our composers had to start working so there was no time for troubleshooting.
But yeah we really need to fix this... How can I send you the aaf?
I switched to a full embedded aaf, so we don't have the timecode problem anymore but still this:

-volume fade in / fade out are in several parts in aaf wrong
-some files has -96db volume automation, but they have normal volume like -3db etc....

AAF import in logic X 10.4
System: Mac OS 10.12.3

More
4 years 2 months ago #7328 by James Carrick
Dear Zoe,

1, fab,
2, I think we are going to need the AAF, and your composer guy will need to detail exactly which file for us to look at.
3, Timecodes, yes, all start points will be the same, you will then need to refer to the .txt file X2Pro created to advise which files may have a different duration (i.e. re-timming not applied).

Ok, just to be clear Timecodes in FCP are all fractions, in ProTools they are all 1000's of a second so we have to do a conversion so its possible you might be out in the start point in ProTools by 1, 1000th of a second.

Yours Sincerely

James

• Zoe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 2 months ago #7327 by Zoe
Zoe replied the topic: aaf from X2Pro not working in Logic Pro X
Hey James,

thank you!
1. - yeah I'm actually not into pro tools and logic, I was just forwarding what the composer told me. But he already told me, that they can work with this dual mono setup.
2. I attached a screenshot. So you see that we have some keyframing and transitions. But the composer told me - that in this case only two of the files are set to -98db but they are obviously not. Kind of hard to explain it right. Do you get it? Transitions, keyframes are all fine in logic but only some clips are kind of muted, and there's no obvious pattern.
3. okay they have to be changed but the timecode should be the same right?
Attachments:

More
4 years 2 months ago #7324 by James Carrick
Dear Zoe,

I will try and answer your questions in turn, but you might also find the faq useful. x2pro.net/FAQs/faqs.html

1, X2pro was designed to take stereo tracks and export them as separate mono's so they could be worked on in ProTools, so there is not a lot unfortunately we can do about that. You should still be able to work with mono channels in Logic X.
2, If you use Levels/AutomationGain/RubberBanding where you have lets say given at point X a pad of 3 dB, and point Y a pad of 5 dB we will put those points and those values for the audio in the AAF. However FCPX is logarithmic in scale and ProTools will translate a more linear path between point X and Y.
If you put a fade handle on, then we will translate that into the AAF, i.e. on a clip it fades in or out completely and is the only audio at that point. If you are using Keyframes you might have to activate them on each track if you sent to Logic instead of ProTools.
3, The name of the files will have to be changed in the AAF because of point 1 above, i.e. we have two mono channels instead of one stereo pair.

Yours sincerely

James

• Zoe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 2 months ago #7319 by Zoe
Zoe created the topic: aaf from X2Pro not working in Logic Pro X
I try to get my fcpx xml to logic pro x but the composer complains several issues.

So I can open the xml with x2pro and generate an embedded aaf.
When I reimport the xml to fcpx it's all correct.

Problems in logic are:
1. the files in the aaf are dual mono but in fcpx its all stereo. I read something about this but didn't figure out how to fix this.
2. some of the files have a different leveling. In fcpx it is for example -4dB but in Logic its -98dB
3. Some files refer to wrong files - for example we have an audio file that has the name "music_mix_01" and in logic this file is directed to the file "music_mix_01.1". That causes that they can not conform the right timecode.

I checked if these files that refere to some kind of duplicates in the aaf have a problem in fcpx. But it's all fine.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds