AAF not importing into Steinberg Nuendo - Failed to import AAF: [Err 801 200CF]

More
4 years 2 months ago #7325 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: AAF not importing into Steinberg Nuendo - Failed to import AAF: [Err 801 200CF]
Dear Andy,

Fundamentally we are creating an AAF for ProTools. It will import into other DAW's but it is not really designed for them, i.e. we have optimised the AAF for ProTools There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your Mac, processor wise or versions, and provided the AAF we create gets imported successfully into ProTools then there isn't a lot more we can do. Why Adobe would mark the audio as 29 instead of 25 is something they would need to comment on as it is their import mechanism which is making that decision. Unfortunately you would also need Steinberg to comment on the failure to import and what could be adjusted to allow it to import. Sorry the answer sounds a bit weak but we cannot guarantee that what is acceptable to ProTools (in an AAF) will be acceptable to any other DAW. I can understand if your not happy with the situation you are in, but you can approach the App Store for a refund and I am sure they will oblige.

Yours sincerely

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AndyB
  • AndyB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 2 months ago #7323 by AndyB
AndyB replied the topic: AAF not importing into Steinberg Nuendo - Failed to import AAF: [Err 801 200CF]
and I've just noticed that clips that have been generated by the AAF upon being imported into Premiere Pro have changed to being 29.97fps, when the source clips are and project are all meant to be 25 fps; this would explain why the clips are showing the extra cross hatching - but why is x2pro converting the clips as 29.97fps from 25 fps? Is this incorrect frame rate conversion causing the problem in ingesting my AAF by my sound editor? Is this why the clips are shown as being offline in premiere pro?
Attachments:

• AndyB
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 2 months ago #7322 by AndyB
AndyB replied the topic: AAF not importing into Steinberg Nuendo - Failed to import AAF: [Err 801 200CF]
Also, when I've imported the x2pro generated AAF file into premiere pro, the media is all offline, but the clips in the timeline show that they are longer than the expected media files (as shown by the cross hatching on clips in the attached image)
Attachments:

• AndyB
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 2 months ago #7321 by AndyB
PS: my system Tech specs

2013 Mac Pro 3Ghz 8 Core,
2 x AMD FirePro D700 GPUs,
64gb RAM,
Mac OSX 10.15.2

FCPx 10.4.8
X2pro 4.4.3

• AndyB
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 2 months ago #7320 by AndyB
AndyB created the topic: AAF not importing into Steinberg Nuendo - Failed to import AAF: [Err 801 200CF]
Hi,

I'm a newbie to x2pro; I've exported a sequence that I'm onlining (but didn't edit) in FCPx. The sequence has multicam clips in it (one of the main reasons for buying x2pro). The sound editor I'm trying to send an AAF to is working on Steinberg Nuendo 3.02 (I gather that Nuendo is currently at version 10.x). The AAF file that I'm sending is failing to import on my sound editors Steinberg Nuendo - he get's the following error message:

Failed to import AAF: [Err 801 200CF]

Obviously, I'd like this to work; what settings can I look at to adjust and make this work? Currently the AAF being generated is 3.3gb in size, is this a problem? (the episode is 21:30 in duration; with between 4 - 6 tracks of audio for each clip).

I can send you dropbox link of the exported AAF to check

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds