Inaccessible Locations

More
3 years 7 months ago #7457 by Noel Jones
Noel Jones replied the topic: Inaccessible Locations
Hi Spleen,

Regarding the issue with X2Pro accessing the media files on your Desktop.
Please note, I'm not able to recreate this issue here.

What version of MacOS are you running?

I've been doing some investigations and if you are running Catalina it may be permissions related.
Could you try it with the media files in either of these folders please.
Music, Movies, Pictures or Download

Or, it could be an issue with the X2Pro Sandbox Container on your Mac.
There is a remote possibility of faults in the program's sandbox container, which is a mirrored structure of your user account that is presented to the program. It is through this container that the program accesses your account's folder hierarchy, so if there is a problem with the container, then even if your account's permissions setup is perfectly fine, the program may report access errors, even after restarting and relaunching the program.

There is a way to get the application to rebuild its sandbox container, but if you choose to do this it is your responsibility.

Method:-
Quit X2Pro
Clear the application's sandbox container so it can be rebuilt from scratch. This can be done by selecting 'Library' from the 'Go' menu in the Finder (hold the Alt key if the 'Library' is missing), and then opening the 'Containers' folder. In here you will see each sandboxed application's container named by its domain (e.g., "com.apple.), so locate the one for named 'com.MarquisBroadcast.X2Pro-Audio-Convert' and move it to the desktop. Then relaunch the program and see if the problems go away.

Do not immediately throw out the program's container, as it may contain preferences, autosaved documents, and other resources that the program was previously using. After your program is working properly, you can explore the old container to retrieve any of these documents before finally discarding it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #7456 by SpleenBoy
SpleenBoy replied the topic: Inaccessible Locations
I've emailed the offending .xml
So just heard back that now the XML out of X2pro via FCPx was out of sync.
The mystery and frustration continues.
:D

More
3 years 7 months ago #7453 by Noel Jones
Noel Jones replied the topic: Inaccessible Locations
Hi Spleen,

Can you send us the FCPXML please. If you would rather not attach it here, you could email it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

More
3 years 7 months ago #7452 by SpleenBoy
Okay, so it gets weirder.

I import the XML into FCPx, then export an AAF via X2pro and it works a treat. So it's not the XML.

Any ideas welcome, because this beyond frustrating.

:D

More
3 years 7 months ago #7451 by SpleenBoy
Okay. This is doing my head in.

I've put all the files (there's only three) on the desktop.

And I get the attached error.

Bizarre.
Attachments:

More
3 years 11 months ago #7409 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Inaccessible Locations
Hi Spleen,

Good to hear you solved the issue.

We will be adding a fix for this in a future update of X2Pro

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #7408 by SpleenBoy
Hi there Daniel.
I have the same issue.
Occasionally, you can hover the mouse over it and will show the file address, but that's 1 out of 10 times.
Thanks,
SB
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by SpleenBoy. Reason: I solved the main issue - the underlying issue of not being able to see complete address is still a bugbear.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #7373 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Inaccessible Locations
You should be able to go into the X2Pro Preferences (CMD + ,) in the media locations tab and add a new media location. As a workaround for now, if you add a folder higher up the tree (as far down as you can see) it will give X2Pro access to the files it is looking for.

We will look into files with long file paths and will work on seeing if we can create a fix for that in the next version.

• Badger100
  • Badger100's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 3 weeks ago #7372 by Badger100
Badger100 created the topic: Inaccessible Locations
While converting, I get the "Inaccessible Audio Files" error. Hit the "OK" button and tells me there are certain folders that are not accessible. In the area where it lists the files in question, the file locations are longer than the box provided and I cannot fully read it and there is no way to expand the box to read the end of the string of locations.

In other words, it only gives me a partial clue as to which files I need to correct and it won't let me proceed without correcting them. Deadline approaching. No seeming way to get around this. Frustrated.
You do not have permissions to access this page.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds