Issue with voice over audio files recorded in FCPX

• gilchevigne
  • gilchevigne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 1 week ago #7394 by gilchevigne
gilchevigne replied the topic: Issue with voice over audio files recorded in FCPX
Solved my problem! Thank you so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago #7393 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Issue with voice over audio files recorded in FCPX
That is set to embed and trim the media which can't be referenced. In the initial settings you have this:

x2pro.net/screenshots.html

Make sure that you are not using the 'Reference WAV files in place' option.

• gilchevigne
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 1 week ago #7392 by gilchevigne
gilchevigne replied the topic: Issue with voice over audio files recorded in FCPX
Thanks for you fast reply!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's already what my parameters are, isn't it?

More
4 years 1 week ago #7391 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Issue with voice over audio files recorded in FCPX
In the text file it says this:

• Some media was not from a WAV file that could be referenced and was instead embedded in the AAF. See Console for details.

This suggests that you have X2Pro set to reference media in place. Try setting it to embed and trim media.

• gilchevigne
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 1 week ago #7390 by gilchevigne
gilchevigne created the topic: Issue with voice over audio files recorded in FCPX
Dear,

I’m using your app for almost 2 years now and you really saved my life! But I’ve got an issue for 8 month, and just discovered the problem was on my side, let me explain :

• I edit some video for a TV station. In those videos I have to record voice over myself (I use the « voice over » thing included in FCPX).
  • Then I export my XML, create an AAF with X2Pro. I always get the following error :

• Conform rates have not been applied.
• Some media was not from a WAV file that could be referenced and was instead embedded in the AAF. See Console for details.

X2Pro Audio Convert 4.4.3

• But when I open that AAF in Logic Pro : everything is OK.

• I send it to my client
  • But when my client tells me the « voice over » audio files are missing when he opens my AAF in ProTools. And he ended by using the « voice over » audio from the multi-channel MXF I send him as well.

For a while I thought the problem was on his side because I had no issue opening the AAF on my computer, and the « voice over » files were there.

But last week, for the first time, I tried to re-open one of those AAF without having the original FCPX Library on my hard drive. And indeed : Logic Pro is missing the « voice over » audio files. But no all of them! Some are there, but not all of them.

I also made sure X2pro has permissions to every media location : it does.

I bet something might go wrong with the audio format FCPX uses to record the voice over, but I’m not able to change that parameter in FCPX.

So I guess it’s related to the issue I get in X2pro when I generate the AAF, but what I don’t understand is : sometimes my « voice over » files are all missing, sometimes only some of them do, and sometimes everything work, like in this project that I recorded the same way, and exported with the exact same process :

I can't reproduce the exact same error.

The only solution I have right now is : generate the AAF, leave the FCPX library on my hard disk, open the AAF in Logic Pro, re-generate an AAF from Logic Pro, and THEN it contains the voice over files.

Would you have a clue what a solution might be ?

I attached the XML + TXT file down here.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds