Corrupt AAF

More
3 years 7 months ago #7466 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Corrupt AAF
Hi Patrice,

Apologies for the lack of response. We had an issue with receiving notifications about new posts on the forum. Is this still an issue you are having that you want us to look into? If so, would you be able to send us the xml so we can start investigating?

Many thanks,

Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• edits
  • edits's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 10 months ago #7439 by edits
edits created the topic: Corrupt AAF
Hello everyone,

I have now had twice this problem: an fcpxml generates an AAF file that contains h263 video. Such video is not in the edited sequence. The problem is that since the AAF contains video it trips the QC settings of my client's Vantage farm because it expects AAFs containing audio tracks only.

When searching for the culprit I narrow it down to one or two video files that are edited in my sequence. They are XDCAM HD422 50i clips and it is their audio component that seems to generate the problem. Yet these files play nicely with FCPX.

Has anyone seen similar problems and found a way to avoid them? It is very time consuming to narrow down to the problematic files and fix the issue. Fixing is achieved by exporting the clip from FCPX, import it and reedit it in the same place. Because these are multitrack clips I cannot simply convert to wave as Compressor does not generate Multi wave files... (or at least not that I know of)

What puzzles me is that it is an audio component that creates a video metadata. Whether this is due to FCPX or X2Pro is anyone's guess...

Thanks for the help

Patrice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds