Media on shared storage causes X2Pro to loose connection to the volume

• angus.anderson
  • angus.anderson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #7712 by angus.anderson
angus.anderson replied the topic: Media on shared storage causes X2Pro to loose connection to the volume
Hello James,

We have not updated to Big Sur yet (still on High Sierra) so it might be a while before we do. . . I'll let you know when we do.

cheers angus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #7710 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Media on shared storage causes X2Pro to loose connection to the volume
Dear Angus,

Sorry for the late response we drew a blank here, do you see the same issue with Big Sur ?

Yours Sincerely

James

More
3 years 6 months ago #7554 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Media on shared storage causes X2Pro to loose connection to the volume
Dear Angus,

Tim is not about today, have raised as ticket 9241 and hopefully we should be able to see the same results here.

Will let you know.

James

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
3 years 6 months ago #7543 by angus.anderson
angus.anderson replied the topic: Media on shared storage causes X2Pro to loose connection to the volume
I have been retesting this again and this is what I have seen :

"I have found that the issue if the XML file is generated on one computer and user account and then processed in X2Pro on another computer and user account it will not process.
This was the case for one edit were the edit was in a later version of FCPX than the version in the audio room and therefore had to be generated it on another client."

so it could well be user authentication between account that have generated the XML and where it is being "parsed"?
FWIW both computers were using different AD used accounts.

Any thoughts do let me know cheers Angus

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
3 years 7 months ago #7489 by angus.anderson
Great thanks Tim. I did also look at the authentication of the user logging in and the authentication of the share and they do seem to be the same but will double check at some point by recreating the share.

all the best Angus

More
3 years 7 months ago #7488 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Media on shared storage causes X2Pro to loose connection to the volume
Angus,
thanks for the update and workaround, this sounds like an Apple security thing with access to media locations restricted to only local files. I'll check with Apple and see whether this is expected behaviour.

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
3 years 7 months ago #7487 by angus.anderson
Hello Tim,

Ok the quick fix is to move the XML off the share point to a local drive then x2pro can parse the media fine that is on the shares.

I did also add x2pro to the access control list for the sharepoint in keychain access, this did not seem to help.

cheers Angus
Attachments:

More
3 years 7 months ago #7461 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Media on shared storage causes X2Pro to loose connection to the volume
Angus,
if the credentials are different I can see how that could cause problems like the one that you are seeing, AFP isn't capable of multiple user authentication on one connection so re-mapping the drives as the current user may help.

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #7460 by angus.anderson
Hello Tim,

The OS is High Sierra and the mount is authenticated to the user account and auto mounts at login, (not sure if it's the same credentials).
I'll try the same process on a different client and see if anything has changed.

cheers Angus

More
3 years 8 months ago #7459 by TimRobson
Angus,
the only thought here is whether there is a security setting problem. We don't often use AFP mounts for testing and I have not yet tested this with Catalina, what version of OSX are you running?
Was the user running the software the same user as the AFP mounts had been connected with?

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #7458 by angus.anderson
angus.anderson created the topic: Media on shared storage causes X2Pro to loose connection to the volume
Hi,
It looks like when X2Pro is trying to analyse media on a shared afp mount there is an os warning that flashes up that the mount is dropped and this repeated until the app is force quitted. This only happens when X2Pro tries to either run the job or when media locations are being verified.
When the media was on a local disk the job ran fine.

Any thoughts? cheers angus

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds