X2Pro fails with "No audio tracks defined in asset"

More
3 years 6 months ago #7520 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: X2Pro fails with "No audio tracks defined in asset"
Dear Stoovie,

To be clear the "no audio tracks defined in asset" is a bug in the FCPX XML, there is a 3rd party app that can remedy this, but I do hope you can understand we have to read the XML as it is specified.

Regarding the channels shifted, could you please provide a copy of the new FCPXML you have, and the sidecar text file that gets created with the AAF, and we will have a look, could you also let us know what version of ProTools you are sending to.

I am sorry you feel short changed by the software, but I would like you to know we do try to resolve individual customer issues and the software does work well on a lot of other sites, however you can always apply to the app store for a refund, and they should be able to oblige.

Yours Sincerely

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stooovie
  • stooovie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 6 months ago #7516 by stooovie
stooovie replied the topic: X2Pro fails with "No audio tracks defined in asset"
I removed all video from the timeline and X2Pro created the AAF. But for some reason, channels are shifted on the timeline, see the screenshot. I'll probably just fix this manually for now, but the app is really unreliable.
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #7515 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: X2Pro fails with "No audio tracks defined in asset"
Dear Stoovie,

You could edit the xml using: fixfcpxml.appspot.com/ which will search for any assets which don't contain any details about audio and it will then create some, which should then allow X2Pro to create the AAF.

Yours Sincerely

James
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by James Carrick.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #7514 by James Carrick
Dear Stoovie,

The original issue is in the XML, the asset r2 only references video and no audio.
<asset id="r2" name="CAM1_0316" uid="5EDABCA924A79F875F1879DC191F0132" start="1270251/25s" duration="1373/25s" hasVideo="1" format="r1">

X2Pro cannot process it, because it says the asset is video only, but later in the XML it wants to use audio from it.

It is possible to modify the XML to say that this asset does have audio as well, would you like us to do this ?

Yours Sincerley

James

• stooovie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #7511 by stooovie
stooovie replied the topic: X2Pro fails with "No audio tracks defined in asset"
I have manually removed all references to the original camera audio. Now, the log is flooded with errors "failed to open wav file XXXX for BWF extraction". Upon checking, all of these seem normal, play and open normally. All drives are added in Media Locations.

I'm going just to ask Apple for refund, this software doesn't work.

• stooovie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #7510 by stooovie
stooovie created the topic: X2Pro fails with "No audio tracks defined in asset"
X2Pro 4.5.0 fails on the very first clip of the attached sequence (from FCPX 10.4.10, shared directly from the Share menu as per instructions). It's a simple synced clip.
The following fatal errors were found:
Processing Audio element
Processing element VideoElement
Processing element AudioElement
Extracting audio
No audio tracks defined in asset [CAM1_0316]
Extracting Audio
Processing element SequenceElement
Processing element RefClipElement
Processing element SyncClipElement
Processing element SpineElement
Processing element ClipElement
Processing element ProjectElement

No AAF file has been generated.
X2Pro Audio Convert 4.5.0

It's impossible to skip or ignore the error. Please help, the mixing session is tomorrow.

File Attachment:

File Name: Strih.fcpx...0-04.zip
File Size:264 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds