Unable to parse FCP XML

More
3 years 2 months ago #7785 by Trinoc
Trinoc replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML
Hello James,

Again, thank you for spending time on the subject. Your reply explains the pop-up window I got. Thank you. However, I am still unclear as to why the xml you sent are working, but mine aren't. You sent me my files back "modified" and I could open and work with them. What modification did you perform to make them work? Or, do I need to send you all my work :).

Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #7781 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML
Hi Trinoc

What you are seeing are notifications that in your FCPXML some conform rates / re-trimmings have been applied, but X2Pro dos not modify the audio file, we will however modify the duration of a clip to match. If I give you an exaggerated example, if a clip is at half speed in the FCPXML we will double the length of the clip in the timeline in the AAF but we will not alter the speed of the audio. The warning is essentially a note to who ever is doing the audio finishing on ProTools that they might have to look at retiming's or conform rates. Generally we are specific about which particular file but in your warning this looks like a global conform rate on the entire XML.

Hope the above helps.

Yours sincerely

James

More
3 years 2 months ago #7780 by Trinoc
Hello James,

Thanks again for your help. I was able to open both and work with them in Pro Tools. There was a window that popped up, see attachment.
Thank you very much for working with me. Do you have a recommendation for my situation?

Thanks again,
Attachments:

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #7774 by James Carrick
Hi Trinoc,

Please find attached modified XMLs, please let me know what happens when you try these XMLs.

Many thanks

James.

File Attachment:

File Name: test2x2pro...d.fcpxml
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by James Carrick.

More
3 years 3 months ago #7773 by Trinoc
James,

Thank you very much for your reply. I apologize for not replying to you sooner. I had given up and had not checked back in. When I did, I found your reply. To answer your question; yes, I can play back and listen to the audio in FCPX just fine. I am working with old footage shot with a Hi8 Canon consumer camera from the 80s. Inspector tells me that it is 29.97 fps, and a 48k sampling rate, althoughX2PRO identifies the audio sampling rate to be 47997.6. I tried to create my project with a 24fps and 44.1k sr and tried again, but same result.
I then created a new project with 24fps, and 48k audio sampling rate. Detached audio from video, deleted the camera audio, added a song from my music library that was recorded at 48k. Same exact result, same window.
That's why I had given up. Whatever suggestion you may have, I'd really appreciate it if you'd share.
Thanks for your time.
Attachments:

More
3 years 3 months ago #7724 by James Carrick
Hi Bcassin,
We should be able in most instances to narrow it down to a particular clip, i.e. it should log that it failed to do X with clip rXYZ.
Yours sincerely
James

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #7723 by James Carrick
Hi Trinoc,

Apologies we did not respond yesterday, can you play the audio out in a FCP ? If so can you convert the audio to another format, and then retry ? I am assuming that the issue is that the audio is not recognised by AVfoundation hence the parse problem. It would also help if you could forward a copy of the XML and full error message you are seeing.

Yours Sincerely

James
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by James Carrick.

• bcassin
  • bcassin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 3 months ago #7722 by bcassin
bcassin replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML
The bummer about X2Pro is it doesn't tell you exactly what the problem is. In my case it was some clips that had audio tracks that were "empty". IOW that clip in question had 4 audio tracks but one of them had no data in it. I had to bounce the clip out of fcpx and then reimport it to get X2Pro to accept the xml.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trinoc

More
3 years 3 months ago #7721 by Trinoc
Hello,

I purchased this app a week ago and can't get it to work at all. I am doing a test with a project that has only one clip. I want to take the audio to Pro Tools to clean it. Old Hi8 recording with a bad camera that has some square wave on the audio. I have tried several audio role names, but I still get the message "unable to parse".
If so many users are loving this app, I have to believe that there must be a simple step I am not following. Can anyone shed some light on the issue please.
OS Catalina 10.15.7.
FCPX 10.5.1 Build version 382321.
X2PRO 4.5.4

Thank you very much,

More
3 years 4 months ago #7709 by James Carrick
Dear Bcassin,

Would you be able to ask him, to see if he can create a little test project FCPXML, and just export and import it, and whether he has issues on re-importing back into FCPX.

Many thanks.

James

• bcassin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #7708 by bcassin
Hi it did come from FCPX.

More
3 years 4 months ago #7706 by James Carrick
Dear bcassin,

Apologies I don't believe this got followed up. Essentially if you cannot import the XML successfully back into FCPX (i.e. without errors) then there is a problem with the XML.

Out of interest where did the XML originate, I know it says it is a 1.9 FCPXML, just curious whether it came from an FCPX.

Yours Sincerely

James

• bcassin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #7689 by bcassin
So far it looks like the problems are clips with missing audio channels, probably ones that fcpx gets rid of upon import.

See attached picture.

Seems like a bug in X2Pro that it can't recognize these types of clips.
Attachments:

• bcassin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #7688 by bcassin
I double checked and it's def a project xml. I can resubmit another copy for you guys to check out.

More
3 years 4 months ago #7687 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML
Based upon the reaction of X2Pro and FCP I would suggest that the fcpxml that you have is not a project xml. It could be that they have exported a library or something else by mistake. Looking specifically at the FCP errors suggests that it is most likely to be a Library.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds