Error Message "Does this movie contain an unsupported audio format ?"

More
3 years 2 months ago #7778 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Error Message "Does this movie contain an unsupported audio format ?"
Dear JD84,
We haven't seen the XML but probably it is a Canon Raw Media file, which we do not support (as not supported in AV foundation). The workaround that Glenn has kindly given should work for you.

Yours Sincerely

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• artistglennpayne
  • artistglennpayne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 2 months ago #7777 by artistglennpayne
artistglennpayne replied the topic: Error Message "Does this movie contain an unsupported audio format ?"
Hey JD84

Based on my experience you're problem is a file in your timeline called "A017C304_2012025K_CANON". What I did was export out that single audio piece and save it, document the timecode where it was, then delete it from my timeline entirely. Then I exported a new AAF and it worked. I sent that too my re-recording mixer along with the single problem clip and he just added it back in via the timecode.

More
3 years 2 months ago #7776 by JD84
JD84 replied the topic: Error Message "Does this movie contain an unsupported audio format ?"
Someone please help! I have been getting a similar error message as artistglennpayne-

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [A017C304_2012025K_CANON] to AAF file
Opening audio extractor for portion 0 of asset [A017C304_2012025K_CANON]
Failed to initialise audio extractor with default bit depth of 24
Error Setting up for audio extraction (The operation could not be completed)

Suggestion: Does this movie contain an unsupported audio format ?

No AAF file has been generated.
X2Pro Audio Convert 4.5.4

• artistglennpayne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 4 months ago #7697 by artistglennpayne
artistglennpayne replied the topic: Error Message "Does this movie contain an unsupported audio format ?"
Apologies for the lack of info. I'm fairly new to these terms. Right after I posted this a re-recordist friend chimed in and I found out that the single clip (monster_grunt) was causing the issue. No clue why, but I removed it and it worked. I then just sent the mixer the AAF and that single clip which he can drop back in. Thanks!

More
3 years 4 months ago #7696 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Error Message "Does this movie contain an unsupported audio format ?"
There are several possible reasons for this, can you tell us what the file format and audio information is for the media file from which the asset monster_grunt is taken? Also, is it in a location that can be read by the application?

• artistglennpayne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 4 months ago #7695 by artistglennpayne
artistglennpayne created the topic: Error Message "Does this movie contain an unsupported audio format ?"
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and hoping you guys can share some wisdom. I'm trying to convert an XML to an AAF from my FCPX project. I was receiving an error message. After researching, I broke apart every compound clip I had, thinking that would solve it, but now I'm getting a new error message. Pasted below. Any guess as to what it could be? Thanks for any thoughts!

FCPX v.10.4.9

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [monster_grunt] to AAF file
Adding essence data to AAF file for portion 0 of asset [monster_grunt]
Reading audio data from audio extractor : 39840 samples
Failed to read 39840 samples
Error Extracting audio data (read 0 bytes of 119520 required) (Cannot Open)

Suggestion: Does this movie contain an unsupported audio format ?

No AAF file has been generated.
X2Pro Audio Convert 4.5.4
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds