Please help - Media Location Error and Destination Folder Error

• troniscope
  • troniscope's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 6 months ago #8403 by troniscope
troniscope replied the topic: Please help - Media Location Error and Destination Folder Error
I came from Big Sur on this computer. But went back to a Mojave version to get the AAF out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #8402 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Please help - Media Location Error and Destination Folder Error
Afraid we haven't had much luck here testing on OS12.5, we are able to generate AAFs successfully.

What version did you upgrade from before you were on 12.5 and what version worked for you when you went back to an older version?
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Daniel Beasley.

• troniscope
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 6 months ago #8401 by troniscope
troniscope replied the topic: Please help - Media Location Error and Destination Folder Error
Hi Daniel - any luck on your side reproducing my issue on your side or any insight on how I can get X2Pro running with no accessibility issues in OS 12.5?

I was successful in creating an AAF for my project by going back to an older version. But asking for the next run. Thanks.

• troniscope
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 6 months ago #8399 by troniscope
Excellent thanks. As an emergency I'm formatting a bootable external SSD and installing an older macOS and crossing my fingers. I really appreciate the support. Thank you.

More
1 year 6 months ago #8398 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Please help - Media Location Error and Destination Folder Error
Do you have access to a previous OS version still? If so it could be worth trying to create an AAF on that version. We are trying to see if we can reproduce the issue here on OS 12.5 to hopefully figure out why you are seeing the issue.

• troniscope
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 6 months ago #8397 by troniscope
I updated to macOS 12.5 but using the same User profile. Is there a way to allow it access?

More
1 year 6 months ago #8396 by Daniel Beasley
For some reason X2Pro isn't being allowed access to the folders on the storage. Have you updated the MacOS recently or changed which user you have been using?

• troniscope
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 6 months ago #8395 by troniscope
Thanks for the quick response. Maybe I'm missing something. I am the admin user and restarted the computer and re-tried multiple times. Are there any detailed steps I should follow that maybe I haven't tried?

I am running macOS 12.5 could that be the issue?

More
1 year 6 months ago #8394 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Please help - Media Location Error and Destination Folder Error
The OS is telling the application that access can't be granted, make sure that there are no restrictions and that the logged in user (the one running X2Pro) has full permissions to the disks (use an admin level user). Also reboot and re-try the process.

• troniscope
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 6 months ago #8393 by troniscope
troniscope created the topic: Please help - Media Location Error and Destination Folder Error
I'm a real jam - I've used X2Pro in the past and never had this issue. I need to send the AAF to the sound designer in the next few hours for a film festival deadline.

I've attached the errors I'm receiving when I try to add any Media Location (Macintosh HD, the external SSD, different folder). As you can see I successfully verified against the XML and when trying to set the Destination folder I receive another Error message (also attached).

Is there a number I can call for technical support? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds