Failed to initialise audio extractor

More
1 year 1 month ago #8582 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Failed to initialise audio extractor
Hi Tara,

If you have a similar/the same error message the important bit is in brackets.

(The file “FILENAME” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it.)
(The requested URL was not found on this server.)

They both mean that the audio files are either not on the machine that you are running X2Pro on or are not accessible to X2Pro. The permissions for X2Pro may need to be changed/given access to where the media is kept. If that doesn't help, moving the media to another location on the Mac where X2Pro should definitely have permission should work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #8581 by Tara
Tara replied the topic: Failed to initialise audio extractor
Hi Norbert,

I have the same problem, meaning I got the exact same message. Did you figure out what was wrong? Is there a certain bit depth or preferred audio format for X2Pro? I can't find enough information on the website to ascertain details to solve my problem. I'd love to hear what you discovered though I see you wrote this 5 months ago.

Tara

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #8428 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Failed to initialise audio extractor
Hi Norbert

Not sure what to suggest, have you tried changing the configuration to ignore "missing" media to create an AAF ? Otherwise we will just have to go through line by line each time removing a clip to see which other clip(s) we do not have access to.

Yours Sincerely

James

p.s. if possible please respond on the forum, thanks.

#################################
Hi James,
we removed the whoosh and tryed it again, and then we got a error code with another music, that we have no rights ti view this music. Ans we had that with whooshes, Music and sound files from Dounddevice Mixpre 6 as well.
There must be a “Big worm” in the project. because all the other episodes (same material, same music, same whooshes etc, same location works well.
Very unpleasant situation.

Best
Norbert
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by James Carrick.

More
1 year 6 months ago #8427 by James Carrick
Hello Norbert

The clip in question is detailed on line 73 of the XML it is located here.and has this file name.
///Volumes/Pegasus32%20R6/INK%20FINAL.fcpbundle/Whooshes/Original%20Media/XXL026_16%20WHOOSHING%20PUMPKINS%20WHOOSH.mp3

Are you able to re-import the XML back into FCPX ? If not what error do you get ?

Yours Sincerely

James

#################################################

Hello James,
thanks for the reply,

we can not locate this clip. Meanwhile we tried to create a new xml file from the project without music and sound effects. Than we get this error.

So we can not locate the mysterious clip.
All media files from all episodes are on the same location, this Pegasus32R6 Raid. And all the other episodes works perfect when creating the AAF file. Only one episode doesn’t work at all. Same Location, same video files, same music.
So here your are the xml File from the corrupt episode 3:

Zum Laden klicken
XMLforX2ProTest.fcpxml
23,1 MB

Thank you very much for your assistance.
Best
Norbert

More
1 year 6 months ago #8426 by James Carrick
Hi Norbert,
The error shows it is struggling with a specific clip, do you know if this clip is 32 bit ? If you cannot locate the clip and check we could see its location in the XML if you can attach it.
The warnings show we are unable to see media on Pegasus32 20R6....etc can you check there is access to those media files on that location.
Yours Sincerely
James.

• Norbert58
  • Norbert58's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 6 months ago #8425 by Norbert58
Norbert58 created the topic: Failed to initialise audio extractor
Hy from Germany,

we had a mysterious thing working with X2pro. We created two AAF files with no problems out of two FCP projects.
On the third project we see this strange Error codes.
Whats going on? Any ideas anybody here?
Thanks in advance
Norbert
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds