Steinberg Nuendo AAF import Music Distortion

• JayceCuts
  • JayceCuts's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 6 months ago #8441 by JayceCuts
JayceCuts replied the topic: Steinberg Nuendo AAF import Music Distortion
Thanks James. Yeah the problem is definitely on the Nuendo side not liking the latest x2pro update. I'm happy to continue with the older version for them and the new version for the other clients I deliver to who do use PT as their choice of DAW. But I will be doing tests when I get the chance to.
Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #8440 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Steinberg Nuendo AAF import Music Distortion
Hi Jayce,
Ok so Nuendo is happy with 16 -24 bit AAF, but when it attempts to import an AAF with 32 bit floating point it all goes a little kimbo. So this does look like Nuendo's AAF import is not supporting fully the 32bit and is miss reading some of the level metadata in the AAF. If you do get someone from Nuendo to look at this, am happy to assist them directly as much as we can.
Yours Sincerely
James

• JayceCuts
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 6 months ago #8439 by JayceCuts
Hi James
Thanks so much for the suggestions. Turns out that the last update where X2Pro switched back on the 32 bit handling is what 'crashes' Nuendo Audio. All of the audio that was corrupted was all originally in 32 bit already. Anyway, I went back to using the previous version for that delivery which works fine. I will chat to the guys at the Nuendo facility and see if they will test this version and me forcing/unforcing a 32 bit conversion on the import to AAF and see if either works.
Thanks again.

More
1 year 6 months ago #8438 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Steinberg Nuendo AAF import Music Distortion
Hi Jayce,
Out of interest have you always converted to 32 bit on import into Nuendo ?
Was this working on an older version of Nuendo ?
Just wondering whether the conversion to 32 bit on import might be causing the issue, if so its possible to use 32 bit in FCPX and create the AAF with 32 bit audio.
Thoughts ?
Yours Sincerely
James.

• JayceCuts
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 6 months ago #8437 by JayceCuts
Hmm. Thanks. Weird that it has worked for a long time then stopped. Maybe client has updated their system and it broke the compatibility.
Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
J

More
1 year 6 months ago #8436 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Steinberg Nuendo AAF import Music Distortion
Hi Jayce,

X2Pro was made for importing AAFs into Pro Tools. Because of this we solely test AAF imports with Pro Tools, any successful imports into other audio editors is a plus. As we don't have access to other editors I can't investigate what the issue might be, since it doesn't appear to be an issue in Pro Tools there isn't much investigating we can do ourselves here.

• JayceCuts
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 6 months ago #8435 by JayceCuts
JayceCuts created the topic: Steinberg Nuendo AAF import Music Distortion
Hi there
I send 3 AAFs to various Final Mix guys a week, 2 go to ProTools facilities and one goes to a Nuendo facility. The Nuendo facility has started to experience massive distortion/corruption of music I created in Logic (32Bit 48K wav) in the last couple of weeks. They are running Nuendo 11.0.40 Build 446 and I am running FCPX V 10.6.4 and X2Pro 4.5.13. We have worked for a year with the same/similar files but only in the last couple of weeks has this problem arisen. All files open perfectly in ProTools and LogicProX.
I've resorted to exporting the music only via Premiere Pro. Yes it's got that desperate:-)
I've attached a small AAF I sent to both facilities this morning. PT opens no problem, Nuendo distorts. I've also attached a screen shot of the Nuendo waveform sent from the Nuendo facility. As well as the original fcpxmld
Thanks
Jeremy
iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB Monterey 12.6 (21G115)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds