Support for FCP XML 1.11

More
10 months 1 day ago #8698 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Support for FCP XML 1.11
Dear All,

The AppStore has reviewed the latest version of X2Pro 4.5.16 and this does support FCP XML V 1.11, it also supports 32 bit floating point :-) This should be available from today on the AppStore.

Yours Sincerely

James.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #8696 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Support for FCP XML 1.11
Dear Jesse,

It takes a while between Apple making available the details of the new version of XML and us qualifying it. After that we then have to submit another build for App Store scrutiny and acceptance. With the best will in the world this takes time. The next build of X2Pro will contain support for version 1.11 XML's, We have code it is under test at the moment and the next stage will be submitting to the App Store.

Yours Sincerely

James

• Jesse
  • Jesse's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 1 week ago #8694 by Jesse
Jesse created the topic: Support for FCP XML 1.11
Hi — I was having similar issues with parsing XML errors recently and I found a solution that worked for me. This wouldn't work for the OP Tangierc's issue, since I tried it on their XMLs, but it fixed it for me. I wanted to share it here in case it works for anyone else who finds this thread while trying to troubleshoot their own parsing error.

I exported my XML from FCP 10.6.6 — using XML 1.11.

In finder, right click > show package contents.

Inside the folder there's a file called info.fcpxml

I opened that file in a code editing app (I use Sublime Text), and changed the fourth line of code at the top from <fcpxml version="1.11"> to <fcpxml version="1.9">

Then I imported that info.fcpxml file into X2Pro, and that worked as normal for me.

I'm a bit mystified as to why X2Pro hasn't released a new version that can dig into the newer FCPXML files in this way on import, so I really hope that update is coming along soon. I may try to create an Apple Shortcut to do this conversion, if anyone's interested in that, but really this should be fixed as an update to X2Pro IMO.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds