X2PRO exports Projects from one Librarybut another

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 11 months ago #3809 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: X2PRO exports Projects from one Librarybut another

Conroy wrote: Quick question - how you going to open the XML without the reference files?

It is possible to convert an fcpxml without media files by holding down the shift key while clicking the "Start" button. This creates an AAF where any inaccessible clips will not embedded in the AAF. This is an undocumented feature because it's not useful for much apart from support/troubleshooting because, there is no way of relinking to audio files when this has been done. It does allow us to see the same issues as customers in a lot of cases, as long as the issue isn't cause by the media files. Even if this doesn't help us, the fcpxml is just an xml file (which is plain text) so we can inspect it using XML or text editing programs.

Conroy wrote: I'm very disappointed so far with X2Pro, was really hoping this would be the solution I was hoping for. Other friends here in Cape Town have had similar issues with the program.

We do have thousands of customers using X2Pro (presumably without issue, because we've not heard from most of them), and we try to be responsive in any support requests logged via the support forum. Hopefully we can help you get it working properly for you too.

Conroy wrote: X2Pro in South Africa is about the same price as FCP X so it's actually very expensive for such a little program...

I checked the price in South Africa, and it looks to me like FCP X is around 2 times the price of X2Pro (R1100 vs R550). Interestingly, it looks like you get things in SA for about a quarter of the price of the US or UK (after currency is convertion). We don't specify the exact price of X2Pro, instead we choose a price band, and Apple chooses the exact price in each country.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Conroy
  • Conroy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
7 years 11 months ago #3805 by Conroy
Conroy replied the topic: X2PRO exports Projects from one Librarybut another
Hi Graeme,

Thanks for you quick response,

At work now but will attach XML first thing when I get home.

Quick question - how you going to open the XML without the reference files?

Trying to open the other AAF in Protools now so will let you know if that's working - hopefully it does.

I'm very disappointed so far with X2Pro, was really hoping this would be the solution I was hoping for. Other friends here in Cape Town have had similar issues with the program.

X2Pro in South Africa is about the same price as FCP X so it's actually very expensive for such a little program...

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 11 months ago #3797 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: X2PRO exports Projects from one Librarybut another
Conroy,

Sorry that you are having problems. Can you please attach your fcpxml so that we can help you with the one that won't convert.

Have you tried opening the AAF in Pro Tools? That is the officially supported DAW because a lot of other DAWs have limited support for AAF imports.

As far as I'm aware, X2Pro is not more expensive than FCP X. If you really do require a refund, you'll need to contact Apple because that is who you bought it from.

• Conroy
  • Conroy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
7 years 11 months ago #3796 by Conroy
Conroy created the topic: X2PRO exports Projects from one Librarybut another
Hi,

I have to deliver my feature film asap and cant seem to export an AAF !!!
It gives me a whole bunch of errors please see attached document.

In another Library however X2Pro exports an AAF just fine but then when I try to open it up in say DaVinci Lite or Soundtrack Pro it doesn't want to.

Please see attached file 2.

I'm super super disappointed with this software as it cost me more than FCP X !!!

Can you please help asap as it's puts me in an extremely difficult position and if it persists will I be able to get my money back??

Thanks.
Conroy.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds