Some clips coming through as single leg mono in PT

• angus.anderson
  • angus.anderson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 1 month ago #5013 by angus.anderson
angus.anderson replied the topic: Some clips coming through as single leg mono in PT
hello Graeme,

I tried a 1.5xml and not all the roles were listed in the side bar of x2pro so for the latest BBC program we have stayed with 1.6

cheers angus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 1 month ago #5004 by angus.anderson
angus.anderson replied the topic: Some clips coming through as single leg mono in PT
Hi,

Thanks for the update. I'll give 1.5 XML a try

cheers angus

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 1 month ago #5001 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Some clips coming through as single leg mono in PT
Hi Angus,

I did get an update on this yesterday. Sorry for not passing it on yet...

I have been told that "X2Pro was ignoring the lane on a spine" (a spine is a secondary storyline in this case) and it has been fixed by the developers, but is still yet to go through QA.

I have a hunch that this may not be a problem if v1.5 fcpxmls are used. Have you tried that as a workaround yet?

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 1 month ago #4996 by angus.anderson
Hello Graeme,
I just had a new program come through where the editor had used lots of secondary storylines for the audio and quite a few did not transfer. I couldn't see why some came thorough and other didn't but is does seem to be an issue. Do let me know if I can help anyway here?

cheers angus

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 2 months ago #4945 by angus.anderson
Thats great thanks for the update

cheers angus

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #4944 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Some clips coming through as single leg mono in PT
Hi Angus,

We have reproduced the issue and are still looking into it here.

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 2 months ago #4943 by angus.anderson
Hi Graeme,

I was just wondering if there was any news on this as I have just had another AAF come back with one leg missing on an audio clip and the clips was also in a secondary storyline. Of interest this story line had some audio edits and a fade on the . I have attached a screen grab and the storyline in question is the one where the curser is.

cheers angus
Attachments:

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #4886 by angus.anderson
Hello Graeme,
Yes in a nut shell its the music track that looses one of the stereo legs. When i took it out of the secondary story line it was OK in the AAF. I guess the editors are using the storylines to keep all the parts of the music track locked together in the event that the primary clip they are attached to is moved.

cheers angus
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by angus.anderson.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #4885 by Graeme Robinson
Hi Angus,

Let me explain what I have seen from looking at your fcpxml and then hopefully you can tell me whether I have understood what you are reporting.

When converting the Heels Rough Cut 11-re edit project, a number of unexpected things happen in the AAF:
  • Some clips have missing audio channels
  • Some clips are either missing completely or have a -96dB clip gain applied, depending on whether X2Pro is set to discard disabled clips
  • Some automation gain is missing from the clips (if the clip is not discarded)

All three of these issues can be seen on the clip starting at 00:01:08:22 called ANW1540_09_8-Bit-World.

I think the clips that this is happening to are always clips in a secondary storyline that are anchored to clips that are either disabled, or have some tracks turned off (or both), and the clips inside the secondary storyline are inheriting the settings of the clip they they are anchored to.

We are a looking into this, but a workaround might be to use compound clips rather than secondary storylines

Please let me know if I have missed anything.

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 2 months ago #4883 by angus.anderson
Hi
Here are two screen grabs from protools before and after. I believe the only difference was removed the secondary story line (group) from the audio. It does seem to be a combination of off speed on the primary and audio being chopped up in the secondary storyline.

cheers angus
Attachments:

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #4874 by Graeme Robinson
Hi Angus,

it would be great if you could send over the fcpxml. I don't think I saw any emails or posts that included it.

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 2 months ago #4870 by angus.anderson
Hello Jeremy,
I think that it may be down to retimes in the primary that are causing this. Do you still want the xml file. Not sure if I sent it over separately ?

cheers angus

• Jeremy Norwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 months ago #4837 by Jeremy Norwood
Jeremy Norwood replied the topic: Some clips coming through as single leg mono in PT
Our developers can take a look and see if there is anything we can do, but we will need your source clips and FCPXML to reproduce things in our lab.
Please let us know if we can get those form you.

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 3 months ago #4836 by angus.anderson
Hi
i have just created another AAF from a different program and had the same thing happen when music files are in a secondary storyline. I think in all cases the music was from the same source file and just had a few cuts in it.

cheers angus

• angus.anderson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 3 months ago #4830 by angus.anderson
Hello Jeremy,
It's only on these 2 bits of music track all the rest is OK. Looking at the cut it may have something to do with overlapping secondly storylines?
I'll see if I can try and replicate the issue.
cheers angus

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds