An error occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF

More
10 years 1 month ago #993 by Forum
Forum replied the topic: [TS4444] An error occurred converting Final Cut...
Well, we now fully understand the problem and I can offer you a way around it. The problem is with the Document Scoped Bookmark Agent in OSX. As the R3D 'file' is actually a set of files we are able to open the one referred to in the XML which is the first part. Unfortunately X2Pro is denied access by the SBA to the second and subsequent files in the spanned set.
The workaround is that the SBA is only used in Maverics so if you use an earlier OS version it doesn't fail, I realise that this is probably not an option but it's currently the only way to access the whole file set (and get all teh samples).
We are talking to Apple about this as it is really an OS limitation, we are also looking at the possibility of not using the SBA in Maverics. Either Apple fixing it or a build that does not use the SBA in Maverics will take a while but we'll do our best.

X2Pro Support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #992 by battistella
battistella replied the topic: [TS4444] An error occurred converting Final Cut...
Graeme,

Just checking to see if there is any movement on this?

Battsitella

More
10 years 1 month ago #977 by battistella
battistella replied the topic: [TS4444] An error occurred converting Final Cut...
This is great news! I'm glad this may have been of some help and I hope the "fix" is not too complicated.

Thanks for your help and responsiveness Graeme.

Cheers.

David

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #976 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: [TS4444] An error occurred converting Final Cut...
I have been able to reproduced the issue in our lab here using the clip you provided, so I have referred the issue to the development team.

I'll keep you updated with any progress.

More
10 years 1 month ago #975 by battistella
battistella replied the topic: An error occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF
Not a problem at all.

Should be finished uploading in about one hour. If you also need an XML file let me know.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #974 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: An error occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF
David,

Excellent. Thank you for helping us with this.

More
10 years 1 month ago #973 by battistella
battistella replied the topic: An error occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF
thanks,

uploading now on a very slow connection.

Battistella

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #972 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: An error occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF
I have sent you a private message with FTP details

More
10 years 1 month ago #971 by battistella
Graeme,

Can you email me the FTP info, old one is not working.

Battistella

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #970 by Graeme Robinson
David,

Sorry for the late reply; I normally get notified of new posts, but yours slipped through the net.

Unfortunately we don't have a R3D camera, so we're not able to create a clip like that here. Would you be able to record a clip for us that is just 2 spanned files?

By my calculations of the size and number of files you mentioned below, it seems likely that each file must be limited to 4GB, so something around 4.5GB should be enough to exhibit the issue and be much easier to send to us than 51GB.

Please let me know if this is possible and if you need me to provide FTP details.

More
10 years 2 months ago #967 by battistella
no problem on smaller clips.
I think you need to test some larger clips with spanned R3D files. In this interview clip there are 13 .r3d files spanned to create the one clip. I think that your software might not look across spanned clips.

You need a ten or fifteen minute clip that gets cut into pieces and then can still be extracted.

Battistella

More
10 years 2 months ago #966 by battistella
no problem on smaller clips.
I think you need to test some larger clips with spanned R3D files. In this interview clip there are 13 .r3d files spanned to create the one clip. I think that your software might not look across spanned clips.

You need a ten or fifteen minute clip that gets cut into pieces and then can still be extracted.

Battistella

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #965 by Graeme Robinson
That is rather large. Are there any other (smaller) files that this happens on, or is it just this one?

More
10 years 2 months ago #964 by battistella
The clip that the audio comes from is however 51GB.

More
10 years 2 months ago #963 by battistella
yes.

david

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds