Error setting up for audio extraction

More
1 year 1 week ago #8601 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Error setting up for audio extraction
Unfortunately there isn't much we can do to help with this. The problem comes from Apples AVFoundation (which we use in X2Pro) not supporting Canons format. We would like to be able to support Canon formats but we are unable to do so until they release their own SDK which would allow us to build it into X2Pro, or Apple add the support for it themselves. We have asked for the SDK and approached Apple but nothing from either of them yet.

The only workaround I can suggest is to transcode the CRM media and use that instead. A couple customers managed to do this successfully in the past. https://forum.marquisbroadcast.com/4-media-and-formats/1647-canon-raw-lite-crm-file-support.html#7909

https://forum.marquisbroadcast.com/x2pro-problem-reports/1976-x2pro-can-t-extract-canon-raw-light-crw-audio.html#7750

The more people that push Canon for a CRM .sdk the more likely it is we will be able to get one out of them and be able to support CRM in the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gbachiu
  • gbachiu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 1 week ago #8600 by gbachiu
gbachiu created the topic: Error setting up for audio extraction
I've seen this on the forums a couple of times and I'm wondering what the solution is.

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [C014C084_230127JH_CANON] to AAF file
Opening audio extractor for portion 0 of asset [C014C084_230127JH_CANON]
Failed to initialise audio extractor with default bit depth of 32
Error Setting up for audio extraction (Cannot Open)

Suggestion: Does this movie contain an unsupported audio format ?

No AAF file has been generated.
X2ProLE Audio Convert 4.5.14

----

This is a CRM file. I've tried the following:
- moved original media CRM file to a different location - X2Pro LE then gives the same error with the missing URL
- deleted the original media from the Finder, relinked in FCPX, re-exported the FCPXML, X2Pro LE gives the same error as above
- inspected the FCPXML file in TextEdit to confirm the file path is correct

Happy to upload the media in question and an XML file to get to the bottom of this. Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds