AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL; Errors converting XML to AAF

More
3 years 6 months ago #7574 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL; Errors converting XML to AAF
Good to hear you got it all to work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #7573 by OSIRIS-REx
OSIRIS-REx replied the topic: AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL; Errors converting XML to AAF
Hi again, James. I got it to work!

After removing all the fades from the clip you referenced, I received another error message. I opened the xml in a text app and found the newly referenced file, and removed all fades from that one as well. Voila!

Thank you for walking me through it. I appreciate your help.

-O

More
3 years 6 months ago #7572 by OSIRIS-REx
OSIRIS-REx replied the topic: AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL; Errors converting XML to AAF
Hi James, thanks for the response.

The clip using that audio file is joined with it in a multicam sequence, which is then chopped up and edited throughout a separate, main sequence.

The original clip is 31 minutes 08 seconds. Is there a way to discern which piece of the clip is causing issues?

Thanks

More
3 years 6 months ago #7571 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL; Errors converting XML to AAF
Hi Osiris

r96 is the following clip located here:
file:///Volumes/TTK%20RAID%204/20181214%20Interview%20Day%204/11%20All%20Audio%20Dec14/ZOOM0039/ZOOM0039_Tr3.WAV
In the XML it wants to use more media from 1st audio channel than exists. Could you look at the clip itself and see how long it plays for ? You could modify the project to reduce the size of the clip referenced in it.

Many thanks.for your patience.

James

More
3 years 6 months ago #7570 by OSIRIS-REx
Hi James,

I found that file and removed the fades from all surrounding clips. I exported the XML and sent it through X2Pro and received this error message:

Writing AAF file
Adding tracks to AAF file
Writing AAF track structure
Adding clip to track in AAF file. Clip references frames 340740 to 340772 of source channel 1 of asset r96
Adding Clip to sequence
Adding clip to current track on AAF composition
Adding Operation Group to Sequence
AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL

No AAF file has been generated.
X2Pro Audio Convert 4.5.0

I've attached a new XML for your reference. Thanks for the help!
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #7566 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL; Errors converting XML to AAF
Hi Osiris,
Can you look for the file
file:///Volumes/TTK%20RAID%205/Honor%20Guard%20Post%20Production%20Master/Video/From%20DVIDS/Part%207%20Oct%2019/DOD_105778002-5db36b9556f83.mp4
In your sequence and check the fade in where this is applied.

Many thanks

james

More
3 years 6 months ago #7561 by OSIRIS-REx
Hi James,

Yes, here is the XML.

I'll go back over the files to see if there is something I missed based on this new input.

Thanks for any help.
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #7553 by James Carrick
Dear davio, Osiris and Vanth,

Firstly apologies for the delay in responding.
Secondly many thanks Vanth for offering assistance, and resolving.
Thirdly, well done Davio.
Finally, Osiris, could you attach your XML and we will have a look at it for you.

• davioalexandercorno
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #7551 by davioalexandercorno
davioalexandercorno replied the topic: AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL; Errors converting XML to AAF
Success! Hunting down the offending clip by searching for the error message designation (r265, in my case) within the text of the XML, then going into the FCPX timeline and fading less (the fade-handles were touching in the middle of the clip) DID WORK!

Well, it didn't right away – I had to get this error 3 times for 3 different XML's with 3 different clips, but eventually, as I de-faded each one, the AAF was finally generated!

Not that those were not compound clips, but synchronised ones. So perhaps overfading those is also a problem.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by davioalexandercorno. Reason: grammar

• davioalexandercorno
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #7550 by davioalexandercorno
davioalexandercorno replied the topic: AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL; Errors converting XML to AAF
– EDITed out plea for help, was mistaken about a filename – am trying once more before moaning (hope not to be back!).
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by davioalexandercorno.

More
3 years 6 months ago #7549 by OSIRIS-REx
Hey Vanth,

Thanks for the response.

I carried out this process already, and it hasn't changed the error message output. There are no fades on the clip being referenced.

• davioalexandercorno
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 6 months ago #7548 by davioalexandercorno
I believe I have made AAF's with x2pro from the same timeline on FCPX 10.4.9, (even including all compound clips now unmerged), so this might be something that got broken going to 10.4.10.

Needless to say, I am working on a deadline like the rest of us that have run into this problem...

• vanth13
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 6 months ago #7547 by vanth13
vanth13 replied the topic: AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL; Errors converting XML to AAF
Open xml With some text app. Search for r 97. You should find in the string the name of the clip. Than locate it on the Timeline and check the fades

More
3 years 6 months ago #7546 by OSIRIS-REx
Hey everyone,

I'm using FCPX v. 10.4.10, X2Pro v. 4.5.0.

Same error message here:

Writing AAF file
Adding tracks to AAF file
Writing AAF track structure
Adding clip to track in AAF file. Clip references frames 340740 to 340772 of source channel 1 of asset r97
Adding Clip to sequence
Adding clip to current track on AAF composition
Adding Operation Group to Sequence
AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL

I'm doing a 4-part series, and the other 3 episodes converted from XML to AAF without this issue.

Any guidance would be terrific.

• davioalexandercorno
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 6 months ago #7544 by davioalexandercorno
I'm having the same AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL error message as the two previous postes, and I have already unpacked all compound clips in the timeline before making the XML. Unable to identify the problematic clips (1069 clips on the timeline). Can anyone assist?

Happy to provide XML's and any other info upon request.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds