Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #4716 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
Ah, yes. I see why you can't upgrade now. I'm not really sure what else to suggest, I'm afraid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Slav
  • Slav's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #4715 by Slav
Slav replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
Yes, my system is old and running Mavericks

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #4714 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
Yes, I see that there are many! compound clips in your project, some nested within others.

X2Pro is happy processing projects containing compound clips, and even nested compound clips. It used to refuse to convert a project containing retimed compound clips and tell you to remove the retiming, but if the fcpxml is v1.6, even they are converted now even if they are retimed.

The problem with converting your project is not because your project contains contains compound clips, it's because the fcpxml contains audio elements with no reference (this is why FCP X won't even re-import the fcpxml), and it also contains 4 compound clips that appear to be completely empty. I suspect these 4 compound clips are not really empty, but there is no information in the fcpxml to explain what they contain.

We think that these problems with the fcpxml are much less likely to happen if you are able to export a newer fcpxml version because the XML export mechanism in FCP X is much more robust in later versions.

Is there a reason that you are not able to update FCP X?

• Slav
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #4713 by Slav
Slav replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
X2Pro is supposed to export smooth AAF regardless of compound clips is that right? Thats why I purchased it. My project has many compound clips.
Up until this point, I had no trouble with XML export however.. I can open (with X2Pro) other XML's exported from this same version of FCPX, just not this file. This XML
I sent you is a 90 minute feature film timeline built from many cuts and compound clips.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #4712 by Graeme Robinson
There is so much wrong with the fcpxml, that I think it probably is the only option.

I would advise that you back up your system and projects before upgrading FCP in case they don't upgrade properly and you want to go back to the old version
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Graeme Robinson.

• Slav
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #4711 by Slav
I dont have access to a later version just now. Is that the only option to solve this?

• Slav
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #4710 by Slav
When exporting XML from FCPX 10.1.4 there is no dialogue box to change any of the settings, What I sent must be the default

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #4709 by Graeme Robinson
There is no tool to convert 1.4 to 1.5. Do you have access to a system running a newer version of FCP? If you do, could make a copy of your project and try opening it on the newer FCP and exporting an FCPXML from there?

• Slav
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #4708 by Slav
HI
Tried but no options sending a v1.5 FCPXML
Can you think of any other options?
Maybe there is a way to convert my FCPXML into a v1.5 FCPXML? If so, which tool do you recommend to do that?
Thanks
Ran

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #4707 by Graeme Robinson
Your FCPXML has a number of issues that even prevent FCP X from re-importing it. In the past we would have suggested that you report the issue to Apple, but we know that these issues occur much less (if at all) in later versions of FCP X so there's not much point reporting it to them.

I noticed that your FCPXML is version 1.4 which is not even an option in the recent versions of FCP X. Are you able to export a v1.5 FCPXML from the version of FCP that you are using? If so, then it is certainly worth trying to convert a 1.5 version of your project.

• Slav
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #4705 by Slav
Slav created the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
Hello

I just purchased X2ProLE to convert my film to AAF and got this message::

Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information

Details:
Media manager unable to find media with id [r702[
Suggestions:
- Ensure that the file is not locked by another application and is readable;
- Ensure that this is a valid FCP XML file from a released version of FCP X;
- Ensure that this is the export of a Project, not of a Library or Event;
- Ensure that this is not an empty project (or that all audio is disabled);

X2Pro Audio Convert LE 4.0.11

Can you please help me or instruct me?
I really need to send the project off to sound editing by sunday morning

Thank you

Slav
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds